Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure of this blogs source, it was sent to me, but it makes alot of sense to me.....Roll Tide UA '77<DIV dir=ltr align=left></DIV>

<DIV class=OutlookMessageHeader lang=en-us dir=ltr align=left><HR tabIndex=-1><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"><?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p></DIV><DIV class=Section1><P class=MsoNormal><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">The "Process" - inside Bama football ----- Great post. <SPAN class=MsoHyperlink><U>insidesource</U> 2007-11-19 15:39:19<o:p></o:p></DIV><P class=MsoNormal><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">Excellent post by a poster on Bamamag: <o:p></o:p>

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">Right on the money 100% <o:p></o:p>

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">I waited to post this....but here goes. <o:p></o:p>

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">I am as aggravated and pissed off as anyone else that bleeds Crimson Tide football. <o:p></o:p>

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">But what do you? I'll tell you what is wrong first and how to respond last. <o:p></o:p>

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">When the NCAA hit Bama with probation in 2002 b/c of the Means saga, they killed us for 6-8 years. Slice it anyway you want to, but they did and here is why... <o:p></o:p>

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">First, we lost 25 scholarships; we had players that didn't want to come to Bama to play b/c Bama couldn't play for anything. We lost Caddy and other recruits that would have worn crimson had it not been for probation. Then we hired a Fraud for a coach that left the team w/o saying goodbye and never recruited really good quality players while here. He had a handful, but not like we needed and were use to getting. More importantly, Fraud left us w/o any OL and very few offensive playmakers. Then came the Price debacle. Enough said. Then Mike Shula was hired to manage the program through the tough times. He had never been a HC and ALL of his coaching experience was NFL-related. He ran the U of A like an NFL program. He instilled no discipline and never taught these guys that are here now how to win, especially when behind in the 4th qtr. He never, I do mean NEVER had control of the football team or program. Coach Kines was the glue, truth is told. Shula never recruited defensive players. He did get us some quality offensive players, but they had too much Shu-lade and it's hard to teach old dogs new tricks. I am grateful that Mike ran a clean program and brought us through to the Saban era, but he never was HC material. Especially for an <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:State w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Alabama</st1:place></st1:State> program use to being on top. <o:p></o:p>

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">Then we go out and hire a proven, meticulous, organized, NC-winning coach in Saban. Many, of the Bama football fans, anointed him as the Savior. <o:p></o:p>

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">He also tried to keep expectations to a minimum. He is a rebuilder. Always has been and will continue to be until he straightens out the U of A program. <o:p></o:p>

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">Coach Saban gets hired and has around 30 days to recruit and salvage a 2006 class of recruits. I think he did damn well myself, considering. <o:p></o:p>

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">He looks for leaders on the team to help him start a foundation but he can't count on them. Why? <o:p></o:p>

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">First, Look at all the players, just this year, which has had to be suspended: <o:p></o:p>

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">DJ Hall - starter <o:p></o:p>

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">Antoine Caldwell - starter <o:p></o:p>

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">Glenn Coffee - started some <o:p></o:p>

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">Keith Brown - starter <o:p></o:p>

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">Prince Hall - started some <o:p></o:p>

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">Chris Rogers - started some <o:p></o:p>

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">Marlon Davis - starter <o:p></o:p>

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">Marquis Johnson - started some <o:p></o:p>

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">Simeon Castille - starter, also arrested (twice) <o:p></o:p>

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">Brandon Deaderick - contributor, also arrested <o:p></o:p>

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">Roy Upchurch - contributor, also arrested <o:p></o:p>

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">Brandon Fanney - played sparingly, also arrested <o:p></o:p>

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">This list is the guys that Saban has helped b/c they failed pee test and they need a father figure and he wants them to succeed as human beings in this world and get their education. The man cares about these kids as people in the world and not just players. <o:p></o:p>

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">Jimmy Johns <o:p></o:p>

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">Roy Upchurch <o:p></o:p>

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">Will Oakley <o:p></o:p>

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">Remember last year, Shula suspended seven players: Jimmy Johns, Juwan "ice cream" Simpson who was arrested over the summer of 2006 on drug and gun charges, Lionel Mitchell, D.J. Hall and an undisclosed player were suspended for the Hawaii game and Kyle Tatum and another undisclosed player sat against Vandy. <o:p></o:p>

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">Remember Juwan's cockiness, JPW's slapping a GA? <o:p></o:p>

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">So, you can see by the above suspensions that some of the suspended are the not only the better players that Bama has, but there are alot of starters in that bunch. Some are seniors now. Is that great leadership by example or what? How can anyone run a business, a team or any kind of group that is trying to succeed with that kind of thuggery and defiant behavior? You can't. <o:p></o:p>

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">You also have a QB that is forced to be played due to no other QB is better. Barnes transfers; GMac has said he hinted he wants to transfer. Fanuzzi gets hurt. This same QB has had discipline problems as well at the Capstone. He literally did what he wanted to under Shula. Fast forward to 2007 season, JPW has gf issues. He catches his gf in the sack with one of his old <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Hoover</st1:place></st1:City> buddies right before the UGA game. His mind on the game? No. He was still talking about how he is so hurt by what she had done to him during the MSU game. Btw, he is seeing a sports psychologist. His game has deteriorated mentally and physically. So much so, those other players don't think he can get the job done anymore and they are frustrated. They've lost confidence in JPW, but there is noone else to turn to. Saban is putting the best 22 we have on the field every week. Sadly, only 3-4 of those guys is a player that would start for other SEC schools. We have 22 graduating seniors and another 20-30 players that are more so N. Alabama, Samford, <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:placeName w:st="on">Jax</st1:placeName> <st1:placeType w:st="on">State</st1:placeType></st1:place> talent level players. That is a FACT folk. Just b/c a kid has on an <st1:State w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Alabama</st1:place></st1:State> uniform and plays RIGHT NOW doesn't mean he is D-1 caliber. Saban has stated many many times that he is doing the best he can, with what he has to work with. BAMA FANS WON'T LISTEN. There will be attrition, non-renewal of scholarships, players asked to transfer, and players that will just quit football after this season is over. It will be like 1958 de ja vu. <o:p></o:p>

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">Go back to CNS' initial PC when he was introduced. He stated that while he respected the U of A and Coach Bryant, he wanted to start a new era with new traditions. Did he not? How many people on these boards, call in shows and on the streets are still saying, "well if Coach Bryant were alive" or "Coach Stallings" never would have? <o:p></o:p>

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">CNS tried to tell everyone "Bama fans expectations were not realistic several times: <o:p></o:p>

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">Exhibits below <o:p></o:p>

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">The day he was hired. <o:p></o:p>

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">After the <st1:State w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Arkansas</st1:place></st1:State> win (especially), b/c the talk of undefeated and SECC. <o:p></o:p>

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">EVERY Monday at his presser. <o:p></o:p>

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">Each "Nick Saban" Show <o:p></o:p>

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">When the Textbook 5 got suspended. <o:p></o:p>

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">Every time the media asks him about "so and so" and "why aren't they playing" type questions. <o:p></o:p>

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">Saban has tried to temper enthusiasm when we win and temper depression when we lose. BAMA FANS DON'T WANT TO HEAR IT. They are like the "microwave generation". They expect a NC and SECC NOW! That is why Saban has used the term "Process" <o:p></o:p>

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">I haven't posted on the <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">ULM</st1:place></st1:City> loss, but I will say that there is dissension amongst the players. <o:p></o:p>

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">Group A is doing exactly what CNS and staff wants. They workout hard, study film, represent the U of A very well and wants to win and plays hard. <o:p></o:p>

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">As for Group B, they are ready to get the heck outta town, but want the free education. They don't like to work hard, workout, study film or anything that it takes to be a winner. They want to party, say they are football players, get women and screw off. They don't care if they win or lose. Never had discipline instilled into them and don't care if they get it. <o:p></o:p>

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">Group A has been on Group B to change and put their hearts into it and win, but Group B has become defiant and is more or less rebelling b/c they don't like anyone (coaches or players) tell them what they need to do or what to do period. <o:p></o:p>

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">This loss is not on the coaches... CNS and staff are doing the best they can do with what they have and they told the team all week not to overlook <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">ULM</st1:place></st1:City>. He reminded them of <st1:Street w:st="on"><st1:address w:st="on">App St</st1:address></st1:Street> and <st1:State w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Michigan</st1:place></st1:State>. He did all he could verbally to light that fire and play with heart and pride. They still were lifeless and played flat. Some players were partying after the game late Saturday night on the strip. The have no remorse on quitting on the other players or the staff. They are "I" people and you can't change that. <o:p></o:p>

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">That is part of the reality of what you have right now. <o:p></o:p>

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">This is a reality folks. You can rationalize all you want that we should win and win EVERY game b/c we are <st1:State w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">ALABAMA</st1:place></st1:State>. You can "keyboard coach" and bitch and moan, but think about what I stated above and look at our losses. <o:p></o:p>

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">#7 UGA by 3 in OT <o:p></o:p>

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">FSU by 7 <o:p></o:p>

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">#1 LSU by 7 <o:p></o:p>

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">MSU by 5 <o:p></o:p>

<st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">ULM</st1:place></st1:City><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"> by 7 (only loss that is inexcusable) <o:p></o:p>

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">We are competing with teams that have NOT been on probation, that have had top 20 or better recruiting classes since 2000, that have had a full compliment of players since 2000. Teams we lost to have had ZERO staff OVERHAULS. Same HC's since 2004. We have been out depth in every game and still take these teams down to the wire. Look at ND, FSU, aTm, <st1:State w:st="on">Nebraska</st1:State>, <st1:State w:st="on">Texas</st1:State>, <st1:State w:st="on">Michigan</st1:State>, <st1:placeName w:st="on">Penn</st1:placeName> <st1:placeType w:st="on">State</st1:placeType>, <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Miami</st1:place></st1:City>....have they went through what we did? NO! What are their excuses? <o:p></o:p>

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">So as you can see, the 6-5 record this year is really not far off in reality, as people would want to believe. <o:p></o:p>

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">You can't have 19 suspensions from key players in the last 2 years that stems from a less than adequate previous HC and expect ANY leadership. There are no leaders and there are many players with bad character that make horrible life decisions. You can't have guys that didn't show up for workouts last year and now bitch cause they have to. You can't have some players giving 110% while others don't give 50%. <o:p></o:p>

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">Coach Saban is preaching the "PROCESS". You can both grow with new players and coaches starting today and get on the path back to good competitive football that produces championships or you can bitch and moan and complain. As a Bama fan and lifelong supporter, I will be with my alma mater through thick and thin. I believe we have a great coach, great human being for what he does and what he has had to put up with, and a great bunch of young players coming up, Ro McClain, Kareem Jackson, Leigh Tiffin, Rashard Johnson, etc to build a foundation for winning with. <o:p></o:p>

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">The "Process" is as much about getting Saban's players in and Shula's out as much as anything. <o:p></o:p>

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">The "Process" is about the TRUE Bama fans listening to Saban and quit trying to coach for him from the stand, the TV, or the keyboard. <o:p></o:p>

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">The "Process" is about staying positive. <o:p></o:p>

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">The "Process" is about getting current players stronger and adapted to Saban's system. <o:p></o:p>

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">The "Process" is about recruiting 4 and 5 star players that are good students with great character. <o:p></o:p>

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">The "Process" is about standing behind this staff and understanding where we have been and where we are going. <o:p></o:p>

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">The "Process" is about having patience and having a vision. The vision that Coach Saban has for U of A. <o:p></o:p>

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">The "Process" is not an overnight fix. It is not a band-aid. It is a cure. <o:p></o:p>

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">2008 will have some rough times b/c players will be YOUNG, YOUNG, YOUNG! And BIG games are away next year. <o:p></o:p>

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">As for 2009, watch out SEC and watch out NCAA football nation. <o:p></o:p>

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">As for the <st1:place w:st="on">Auburn</st1:place> game this weekend, I believe we CAN win it, especially getting the 5 players back. The real question is "Are the players that are in Group B going to give it all they can to help Group A players out and do they want to beat the Barners bad enough?" <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Auburn</st1:place></st1:City> is more talented on defense than Bama and their offense is less talented in skill areas. I say it is a toss up at this point. I know Bama will play hard but will it be enough against their more talented team? Saturday we'll know. <o:p></o:p>

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">I know we are suffering right now and it's hard to accept these facts, but post after post complaining will not help. The loss is over and it is only as devastating as you want to make it out to be. It can be catastrophic and derail you being a fan of the "Process" or you can move past it and look to better times. My advice, Let the "Process" work. <o:p></o:p>

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">I've been a Bama fan since 1972 and trust me ... IT HURTS! But it is the reality of where we are in 2007! <o:p></o:p></DIV></DIV></DIV>

·
Registered
188 Posts
No talent??? Is this the same team that beat the hell out of the SEC east leader and should have beaten the #1 team in the country?? Alabama has been ranked in the top 25 in recruiting for the last 5 years so where did all the players go?? This team could easily be 9-2 and possibly 10-1! The coaches have let this team fall apart with in-fighting and big egos. Sure JPW is not the best quarterback in the SEC but he looked pretty damn good against Tenn and Georgia. I think the Iron Bowl will be a great game because the players don't need Saban to get the motivated for this game. It's all according to what team shows up, if it's the Tenn team, will be a great game! If it's ULM, it will be a long day for the TIDE. I hope it's the first so when we hang #6 on them, there will be no complaining!!:letsdrink:letsdrink

1 - 2 of 2 Posts