Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know you can get prescription Costas. I even recall they are now available locally (Pace?). Are there any other options for FISHING I should consider? I stopped in one of the big eyeglass stores on Davis, and they didn't have anything that struck my fancy, or even looked suitable for fishing.

Thanks for any replies!!!!

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
There is a sunglasses place in destin commons and those guys said they have prescription sunglasses for almost every brand. The only restriction they really mentioned were the ones where the shape of the frame made it impossible to curve the lens and still keep the prescription. I don't know of any sunglasses stores in pensacola though.

·
Registered
13,755 Posts
Hot Spots sells sun glasses. Chris Phillips has told me that if I bring in my prescription, he would then order a pair with one of the frames in stock, that way I could try them on first, and then order accordingly.

·
Neptune calls me "Daddy"
9,196 Posts
Maui Jim's will do prescriptions too, a bit more expensive than Costa's.

I've done both $350 and up for "progressive" lenses

Jim

·
Registered
119 Posts
Woodbine Eyecare sells the Costas and told us just last week they have to be sent in to the company for the Rx lenses to be put in per their warranty. They do sell them though.

·
Jim T's sworn enemy!
2,259 Posts
Eyecare of Perdido on Sorrento and Bauer rd. has bunches of styles in stock. Very nice folks in there.

·
Registered
656 Posts
I have a set of prescription costas that cost upwards of $500, thank goodness for insurance. I think I only paid about $100 for them. They are one of the best fishing investments I have made!!! It took almost a month for the lenses to be made and sent back to me though. If I remember correctly, you want to go with KB lenses to get the same clarity/color/polorazation as the factory costas offer. Ask yournormal optometrist what they offer. That is the only way to go.

·
Neptune calls me "Daddy"
9,196 Posts
As Dan said the folks at Perdido Eye Care are top notch.

I bought a pair of Costas with a progressive lens. (I needed NON-polarized because airplanewindows ARE polarized and if you look through both you see something you only expect in Amsterdam) (not really, but the two polarizations cause weird visuals) When they arrived the "reading portion" was in my opinion, too small. NO PROBLEM, they sent the lenses back to Costa, a week later I had the glasses I needed.

I will say they were NOT cheap. But I was happy with the results.

And that FAMOUS Costa support for frame replacement is no more... Or so I'm told... I broke my frame,... I brought it by Eye Care of Perdido and charged $106 for new frames last month.

Jim

1 - 9 of 9 Posts