Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out had a terrible time getting the boat to Shoreline park, first we blow out a valve stem filling the tires with air the night before. That's okay because we have a spare get the spare changed and finish getting everything ready. Then on the way to Shoreline in the morning the valve stem on another tire blows out and we remove that tire and limp the rest of the way on 3 tires. After that fiasco we finally get the boat in the water much later than anticipated and are greeted with nice seas for our hardships from the morning. The target is Amberjack so we try to load up with ruby red lips for bait. The first stop is at the Russian Freighter and there is no-one home, the only thing that w pick up there is a single ruby red lips. We move on to the I-10 bridge rubble and look around and find fish, so we think that's the bait we have been looking for. As we drop down we find out that we are a school of huge mingos. There was no doubt that these fish were legal most of them were 14-17 in. So frustratingly load the boat up with them still in search of bait for amberjack. We finally weed through them and get the ruby red lips that we are looking for and once we are on them we quickly load the live-well and head to the Tenneco. Once there we are not marking many fish and fish it hard and only catch two under-sized amberjack. We scrap the Tenneco and head to the Anteres to see what we can find there. On the first two drops the baits don't even make it to the bottom and we are broken off by something big. After we re-rig all we catch is a little reef shark so we head to the house without catching any of our targeted species. Beautiful day on the water though hope everyone else can get out before the oil hits.

Phillip

·
Registered
10,161 Posts
Suggestion for the valve stem problem. Go get the brass chromed ones at any auto parts store. They will last almost forever.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you very much for that piece of advice, I figured it was just something that happened. I will most likely be changing mine soon.

Phillip

1 - 3 of 3 Posts