Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Neptune calls me "Daddy"
9,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was cleaning the boat today and made the mistake of grabbing the Power Pole by the fiberglass stick on the end.

Holy CRAP, that thing is full of nothing but threads waiting to bite you. I assume from going in and out of the sand all the time.

Any suggestions to make it more user friendly?

If not BEWARE!!! that pole end will bite you!

Jim

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
I was cleaning the boat today and made the mistake of grabbing the Power Pole by the fiberglass stick on the end.

Holy CRAP, that thing is full of nothing but threads waiting to bite you. I assume from going in and out of the sand all the time.

Any suggestions to make it more user friendly?

If not BEWARE!!! that pole end will bite you!

Jim
maybe finding some heat shrink that size and putting it on it? but i dunno if it would hold up in the sand

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
Hey Jim, J & L Marine makes a heat shrink for the spike, i think you can order it from them on the internet..

·
Really Senior Member
485 Posts
Heat shrink works.
Sanding and painting with a quality hull paint works.
Sanding, coating with resin or epoxy, then painting lasts the longest.

VHF antennas get the same way and the same fixes all work.

·
Jaded Old Phart
6,277 Posts
Gloves :D

·
Registered
45 Posts
What I did for mine was I got some of that silicone tape an wrapped it from the very top where the mount is all the way down to about 8 inches from the bottom. Works GREAT and it is inexpensive to do. :)

·
Registered
472 Posts
Yep I did it when I was a teen on our charter boat. got on the inside of my forearms. THAT SUCKED....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts