Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #1f5080; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">I'm looking into purchasing a Power-Pole PRO 8' with remote for my 18' Nitro bass boat. On the JL Marine Systems website the cost for the Power-Pole is $1,449 and the remote is $289. Total with shipping and tax is $1,894. My question is can someone recommend where to get the mounting done and is anywhere local cheaper than the website? I live in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Pensacola</st1:place></st1:City> but will travel wherever, within reason, to get quality work at a reasonable cost. Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
+2 for Tony Blanton

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Is a Power Pole worth the money? If they were $400 I would already have one, but $1500+ I just don't know. I did get one of the Cajan Stick achors and it works pretty wellbut it's dificult to deploy fast moving water which is where it's needed.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the input. Sounds like Tony Blanton does good work and has a lot of support on the forum. It's so much money I'll probably check with both Tony and Emerald Coast.Emerald Coast is only about 10 minutes from the house. I'll also look into the Stick It Anchor Pins. Thanks again for the input.

·
Super Moderator
19,480 Posts
Jighead (10/30/2009)Is a Power Pole worth the money? If they were $400 I would already have one, but $1500+ I just don't know. I did get one of the Cajan Stick achors and it works pretty wellbut it's dificult to deploy fast moving water which is where it's needed.
Best money you can spend on a boat.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Kenny at Emerald Coast is the Mann to see for your power pole. And, yes they are worth the money if you do a lot of shallow water fishing. Cruise in, want to fish, push "down" button, fish; ready to go, push "up" button and go. No more stopping walk around dig out the anchor, drag chain across deck, drop anchor in water, go back pick up rod and fish.

Call me if you have any questions.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #1f5080; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">I do a lot of shallow water fishing and you just can't beat the ease and convenience of the power-pole. I'm all about conservation of energy and I'm just going to have to part with the Benjamin?s.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Does anyone have any experience with the new Sportsman model they started making? Specifically the 8 footer. What are the real differences in the two models for a recreational fisherman?

·
Registered
4,220 Posts
Fishwater (11/2/2009)Does anyone have any experience with the new Sportsman model they started making? Specifically the 8 footer. What are the real differences in the two models for a recreational fisherman?
Here ya go, straight from the web site...

What is the Difference between the Power-Pole? Pro model and the Power-Pole? Sportsman model?
*Note*Both the PRO and Sportsman Power-Poles come complete with everything necessary for a transom mount installation.
The Pro Series comes with a 5 year warranty and the Sportsman Series has a 3 year warranty.
The Pro Series Stealth Pump is significantly quieter than the Sportsman Pump.
The Pro series comes out of the box Remote Control ready whereas the Sportsman Series requires additional parts to become Remote Control compatible.
The Pro Series is coated with our proprietary five step American Marine Finish.
The Sportsman Series is available only in an Anodized finish.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Thanks, I have seen the website. I wanted to know if anyone is running a Sportsman and is there a noticeable difference performance. Does anyone have the Sportsman?

·
Registered
3 Posts
i had one installed last week at Posner and it took them 4 hours and charged 90.00 an hour. did a good job. Make sure you have the right bracket

·
Registered
46 Posts
sailorrdr (11/2/2009)i had one installed last week at Posner and it took them 4 hours and charged 90.00 an hour. did a good job. Make sure you have the right bracket
I think I'm gonna have to raise the BS flag on this one. Newbie, asked in another string, "are the trout and redfish still biting, and where are some good spots to go?" and he just purchased an expensive power-pole...why? I sent PMs and...you guessed it, No Answer. If someone has the Flag,please pass it over to me.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts