Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just poured my first batch of weights today. turned out pretty good i think. i made my own pot today also what do you think?

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Neat furnace and nice weights...

I would be negligent if I don't warn of so much as one drop of water/sweat getting in the molten lead... you probably already know but it can't be stated too often!

Brent

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i made the pot out of scrap around the shop. it is a piece of 5 in pipe about 5 inches tall tha i welded a bottom to and took a piece of angle and made a spout. i heat it on a fish cooker and i worked pretty good but i have some more ideas on improving.

·
Registered
281 Posts
A small cast iron pot works great. Keep your ladel in the lead so it stays hot, or it will absord heat and cool your lead on the next pour. Make sure to hide the pot after you finish so no one will use it for cooking.

Shipoke

·
C-Hawk 245 Pilot House
5,242 Posts
I pour over 1000# of lead every year.

Make sure you 1. pour outside or with a fan close to the pot blowing the air away from you. Very bad fumes, many health issues. 2. <span style="text-decoration: underline;">Always wear eye protection. 3. Wear long pants and leather shoes/boots. 4. and as already mentioned, not even a drop of water around hot lead.

Sea-r-cy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts