Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im new to salt and new yak fishing.

What's ur cleaning routine after fishing?

Do u rinse the yak of or hand wash it?
How to you clean it rods and reels?lures?

Trying to get my routine down for when I return from a trip?

Also, how do you store your yak? Hanging, laying on the ground, saw horses,etc?

-duck

·
Registered
361 Posts
My post fishing routine is to get home, stuff my face, and put off cleaning as long as possible, which is usually by evening. But I will give everything a thorough freshwater rinse.

·
Banned
1,953 Posts
it suprized me when my cousin from N.J. wanted to give his rods and reels a soapy bath when we returned from a gulf trip. he said he uses a hot soapy brush on his stuff all the time. It either looked new, or he didnt use it enough.

·
Registered
947 Posts
I rinse everything off as soon as I get home.
Tighten the drags on the reels and give rods and reels a good rinse. Loosen the drags to let them dry.
Kayak gets a rinse down and scrub with household cleaner to get mud and slime off.
Most everything else gets sprayed down with fresh water - seat, pedal drive, used lures, etc.

kayak dries/rests right side up on rolling cart with kayak cradles bolted to it.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Don't forget to wash down the bed of your truck if that is where you transport your kayak. The saltwater will eventually rot out your tail gate, etc.... I know :(

·
Registered
289 Posts
I usually just hose down my kayaks and reels/rods. Will hand wash the kayak if its covered in grime, which happens in some dirtier watered rivers/creeks. Store the kayaks in garage wall hooks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts