Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I was off today from work and could not stand listening to any more post election crap. It's got me all depressed, so I decided to go out fishing about mid morning. I brought some frozen cigs and squid and decided to anchor up on a spot near the old coast guard station in the bay.I had a blast catching lots of shorties -snappers and groupers and even caught a trigger fish that I couldn't get a picture of because he broke off at the boat when I was using a sabiki to find some live bait.I thought it was unusual to catch triggers in the bay. I could not catch one grouper that was legal :banghead, some were real close at 19-20". A few broke me off that were pulling real hard so that kept my addiction going to catch the one that got away!!!! All went back in to fight another day unharmed. It was a beautiful day out there in the bay, it was smooth and the temps were in the mid to upper 70's. Here's some pics. and a small video

·
Registered
6,327 Posts
Thanks for the pics. Makes me want to get out there.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Awesome pics and report. We hit a post like this over at St Joe Bay last month, Pompano Point area, where I caught 6-8 Gag, 2 Red and 2 Scamps. All undersized but fun to catch none the less.

Thanks again fo rthe report and the pics!

·
Registered
6,190 Posts
Very nice way of spending a day, looks like Tuesday on the water and by those pictures would be a hard day to beat. Damn I wish I was closer to the Gulf where I could take advantage of days like that..... KUDOS to you all.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Great post, that is just awesome, getting out there and just catching fish, taking them home is not always important.:bowdown

·
Registered
358 Posts
Great day on the water. Atleast you made it out there. I have not caught a keeper grouper in the bay all year, Now that it is getting colder they might becoming more present. Good looking pics and report. Thanks for posting.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts