Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<SPAN id=_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl10_lblFullMessage>Posted this on the WTB baitwell thread but figured I would give it some attention here as well...

Here are some pics of a baitwell I built out of a 30 gal plastic drum. Iuse it exclisivelyfor keeping bream and shad alive on long Flathead Catfish nights and Tournaments. I cut about 8" out of the drum and rebolted the lid back on. I Used a cutting board(doubles as a cutting board:letsparty) and stainless hinges for a hatch and bungy to keep it tight. Also installed a LED light in one lid access hole and my in-flow connection is on the other access hole with a pipe that feeds down to the bottom of the well forcing freshwater up. I used a 3/4" pipe hooked to a small bilge that feeds the well freshwater at 350gph from the side of your boat. Ithen installed a discharge wier using 1" ball valve(flow control)on the other side at about 8" from the welltop and the black feeder hose that runs out the side . There is also a filtered bildge inside the bottom of the well keeping water turned at 500gph along with a 12 volt Air Pump(hanging on the side)with a big airstone installed in the bottom of the well supplying fresh Oxygen to the bottom(very important) when needed. I put handles on the sides using rope and extra tubing for comfort. I have ran this well many times for 36 hours straight and successfully kept 30+ big Bream alive for that time with no cassulties nor slowing them down. All connections are made to a 12volt deep cycle battery which will last for 24. Everything also tucks away neatly for transport. If anyone wants to check it out or got questions feel free.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.