Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of buying a Porta Bote. From the reviews that I have read it seems to perfectly match my needs. I want hear from someone that has/had one. Interested in stability and concerns out the soft floor.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I inherited my father-in-law's 98 12' Generation II. For what it is it is good. You can fold it up and hang it on the side of your RV or tie it like a surfboard on yourroof rack.

Where this sounds good, all the crap that goes with it (seats, motor, gas can,saftey stuff.) is pretty bulky so you need a place to carry that too it.

It takes aoubt 8 minutes to set it up and one guy can do it easily.

If floats in nothing and is easy to push around. The best thing is you can launch it from anywhere.

The ride is very, very strange feeling. It's like riding in a Clorox bottle. it doesn't flex longtitudinally, but the floor visibly flexes. And its weird to walk around on.

Its a big plastic oragami thing. I also have a trolling motor bracket for it.

·
Registered
989 Posts
I have had a Porta Bote for years and it is absolutely great ! I have a 5 h.p. motor on the back

and a trolling motor on the front. You won't believe how stable it is and how it handles waves. You prepare to hit a wave and then nothing happens -- the boat just kinda "wiggles" itself thru the wave. You can fold it up and put it on top of your car or just throw the whole thing into the back of a truck. Good Luck !

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I already have a tandem kayak. Unfortunately I physically struggle with it. I was thinking that a small boat with a small motor would be better. We do camp quite a bit and I have seen a few campers with these boats. To me the best part is that I don't have to bother with figuring out how to tow a camper and a boat with 1 truck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts