Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The scallops are everywhere, lots of them. Five on every dive. Now if the season would only open. Been a great time over here this weekend. Too bad we couldn't keep any

·
Super Moderator
29,097 Posts
I still ain't been over there to do that yet but wanna!!! Any idea when/if it's gonna open again Tom? Probably next year?

·
Registered
14,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They were talking about opening it today. Today is when it was supposed to have closed. If it would've opened when it was supposed to. The word is when it does open it will open for two weeks. For the past two weeks the scallops have tested just fine. We are thinking it will open up any day. If it would have opened today, we would have stayed an extra day. Never seen the scallops so thick as they are right now over there.

Just made it to the house.

·
Registered
13,357 Posts
They were talking about opening it today. Today is when it was supposed to have closed. If it would've opened when it was supposed to. The word is when it does open it will open for two weeks. For the past two weeks the scallops have tested just fine. We are thinking it will open up any day. If it would have opened today, we would have stayed an extra day. Never seen the scallops so thick as they are right now over there.

Just made it to the house.
Oooooooh man

·
Registered
565 Posts
Pretty bummed about that, we kill it every year down there labor day weekend, never made it down there this year, but I can only imagine with the two years of closures it has to be awesome. Last year we went for the shortened season and had a two man limit off a kayak in 1.5 hrs in 3' of water. I had a newbie with me too. One of the most fun sports to do around here not to mention the endless fishing opportunities. Blessed to call it home.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts