Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
14,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Eased up to the dock just before dark and heard a grunt. Spotted this big sow that’s been rootin up my place for over a month. Had to put the sneak on to get to the cabin and up the stairs to get the xbow. Perfect shot! Rage 3 blade made the blood trail look like a murder scene. She ran about 30 yds! Totally unprepared for this. By myself. No gloves, No way to hang it up and guessing over 200#. Managed to get both back straps and a mangled ham. Before giving up. I’m soaked and wore out! I’ll be better prepared next time and will probably wait on a smaller one!!

·
Super Moderator
28,315 Posts
Kill one, 20 more to take its place!!!! hahaha great job brother!

·
Registered
371 Posts
Good Job!!

Don't pay attention to the idiots who throw them in a ditch, they're the same ones who are too stupid to come in out of the rain.

·
Praedator
9,972 Posts
They get bigger when you have to roll them over halfway through. I'm with splittine, unless the temp is in the 40°'s or below toss them in your neighbor's ditch.
Or call me and I'll come get it if I can. Love me some wild hog meat!:thumbsup:

Sow no matter the size is good 99% of the time! Now it's almost 50/50 on boars over 100 lbs. But you can smell them if they are going to be rank.

Lost pig I shot was a 175 lb boar and I was expecting to leave it in the ditch. But he smelled just fine. Cut him open and smelled just fine. Ate just fine too! Just depends on where they are in their hormone cycle. So to speak!!!:whistling:

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
If you would cut the hams out with a knife instead of a hatchet they'd probably fare better.....J/K'ing. Nice job, I'm like splittine though, throw it in the ditch, worms and buzzards have to eat too.

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
I've, more than likely, killed more hogs in one year than you've seen in your life and haven't wasted one yet, sorry it triggered you snowflake.

Yeah, what's wrong with you snowflake. Bwahahaha.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts