Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Set up at Ft Pickens around noon with peeled shrimp and sand fleas soaking inside the first sandbar. 2 rods went off back to back 30 minutes after getting set up. First one came off at the shoreline and the second hit the ice chest. Both ate the peeled shrimp so the fleas came off and peeled shrimp was placed on all 4 rods. Took about 3 more hours and a finally got another hit. Caught a double on the rod I'd launched as far as I could past the sandbar. Waited 2 more hours and had our last fish. I was pulling up the last rod to leave and the fish ate as soon as I started reeling in. All fish were between 12.5 and 14 inches. I was lucky to have the right combos to make the longer casts bc I didn't see anyone else around catching any fish.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
27,940 Posts
Nice job on catching some din-din!!!

·
Registered
157 Posts
I caught 4 yesterday (Thursday) in the late afternoon. Tide was going out moving West to East. Wind was SE. Surf was small wind chop. Caught 3 within 20 minutes of first cast and then waited an hour for the 4th.

The people to my east caught a sheepshead and what looked like a slot red. The people to my west caught a few bull reds. It looked like they were using single hook rigs with large cut bait.

Mike

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts