Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a little education guys. I have caught pompano in the past from the jetties here in destin, so I know how to jig for them and what gear I need but where do I need to be to target them from the yak. Im not comfortable going near the pass yet in the yak so fishing the jetties is out of the question. If I just cruise the beaches here in destin do I just work inside the 2nd sandbar? On the jetties I would just cast, jig, and hopefully get lucky. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks

·
Master of Disaster
3,042 Posts
I'm no pomp expert by any means.... but I would think working the sandbar, and especially the on either side of cuts thru the sandbar would be productive spots. Then any other "bottom structure" you can find-
Am I warm here guys?

·
Master of Disaster
3,042 Posts
:001_huh: I had to do a double take on the first post- Got it... Lol.
FYI- You can go back and "edit" your previous post- just click on the "edit" button on the post in question and it should take you back to an edit / modification window to make your correction. :thumbsup: of course if you were mobile, that may not have been an easy option?!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I thought about anchoring up right outside of the breaks and using a jig and a set rod with sandfleas
I might try that as well. I guess i will just go around and find those deep holes and if I get a hit just post up there for a while.

·
Master of Disaster
3,042 Posts
Just a thought????.... Do you find that pompano hit better in calm or rougher surf.... Or it doesn't really matter?
I used to have better luck with getting big Bluefish with the surf was churning!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Off the jetties I always had more fun the rougher it got, and the bite does seem to get better. It is more exciting fishing while the waves are crashing into the rocks spraying you.

·
Registered
810 Posts
I had to do a double take on the first post- Got it... Lol.
FYI- You can go back and "edit" your previous post- just click on the "edit" button on the post in question and it should take you back to an edit / modification window to make your correction.
of course if you were mobile, that may not have been an easy option?!
Yea I'm not sure on mobile how to do it

·
Master of Disaster
3,042 Posts
WOW! I think a trade off is due here Chris- you secretly revel some tips to these guys and they put them to the test by joining the "Pomp Stomp"!

·
Squid technician
10,484 Posts
WOW! I think a trade off is due here Chris- you secretly revel some tips to these guys and they put them to the test by joining the "Pomp Stomp"!
No Pomp Stomp this year. Might revisit next spring but just not enough interest for this year. As far as sharing the "technique", I'll have to think on that.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts