Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Apex
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a long detailed post written but hit delete. TL;DR Fished for about 3 hours this afternoon after an appt and some errands. Fish were caught on peeled shrimp with sandflea orange fishbites to keep them from flying off with my catapult like casting abilities. Caught 4, kept 2, missed one, and lost a nice pomp rig to a punk spinner shark.

Attachments

·
Apex
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Geewhiz…… Not much of a report.......🦉

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well I got a late start and was rushed. Forgot my sand spikes so I had to buy two from GBBT where aforementioned fresh dead shrimp were purchased. Finally made it to Pickens around 1:30 after getting stuck behind the road line painter truck which I Ricky Bobby shaked and baked. Parking lot was flooded so I made it to the beach with wet feet which was also flooded but with amateur pomp fisherman. I had to walk a good 1/3 mile down but since I am a self proclaimed semi-professional pompano fisherman I felt confident in my abilities to find a good hole. First bite came before I could get my second trout rod out. 11" released to fight another day. Second bite even smaller pomp but I wasn't doubting my abilities. 3rd fish looked like a toad but I'll never know because he wiggled free about 10yds off the beach. 4th fish was 2.6lbs and 5th was 1.8lbs. Called it a day after losing the rig to the spinner shark I fought to about 15 yds from the beach before he tailwhipped the piss outta my line and was out faster than sandfleas at the tackle shop.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts