Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,335 Posts
Ancient Chinese secret.... lol.

Actually, I have a pretty good idea, if the "pompano tree" is a location, that is.

Sent from my LG G2X using Forum Runner

·
Registered
4,261 Posts
They are referring to a type of tree called a popcorn tree. When it blooms in the spring the spring pompano run is supposed to be on. When it loses
It's leaves the fall pompano run is supposed to be on.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
They are referring to a type of tree called a popcorn tree. When it blooms in the spring the spring pompano run is supposed to be on. When it loses
It's leaves the fall pompano run is supposed to be on.
You're correct; Sir!
I have been blamed for naming the Popcorn Tree the Pompano Tree for this reason.

Mine is in my back yard. Right now; the leaves are yellowing, but very few falling off yet. A few more days and they'll be falling and the Pompano onslaught will begin.

Right now; a lot of juveniles with a 'smattering' of legals. Ten fish with 4 legals ; the rest 'tenners'.(10 inches long) C2

·
Registered
745 Posts
You're correct; Sir!
I have been blamed for naming the Popcorn Tree the Pompano Tree for this reason.

Mine is in my back yard. Right now; the leaves are yellowing, but very few falling off yet. A few more days and they'll be falling and the Pompano onslaught will begin.

Right now; a lot of juveniles with a 'smattering' of legals. Ten fish with 4 legals ; the rest 'tenners'.(10 inches long) C2
Cant wait to get on the Pomps!!!!

·
Registered
185 Posts
I had one of those annoying, rooty, lawnmower blade-killin' weed trees in my yard for years and never heard that. The tree is gone now but the neighbor has one. I'll test it out. Been lookin' for an excuse to hit the beach anyway. (not that I need one, just seems the older I get the more busy I get. Just gotta make time)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts