Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Squid technician
10,484 Posts
A lot of folks said they'd enter last year. Majority of them didn't. I'm still debating having it due to lack of participation last two years.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I would love to participate but with my inconsistency and randomness of fishing with 2 little ones i dont think I would even be a contender.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

·
VIP of the PFF
8,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Heck I'm not a contender either...but I try real hard. Lol. If Sam's has one I'll donate my money to the winners, just like last year. If they don't put one on , I'll enter one somewhere. It helps motivate me to fish a little more often.

·
Squid technician
10,484 Posts
I did the Tourney for fours years and in three of those years the biggest fish was caught by participants who fished less than 4 total days during the month long tourney.

The aggregate category is another story of course. You usually have to fish pretty hard to win that one.

·
Bearded Brotula
11,528 Posts
I did the Tourney for fours years and in three of those years the biggest fish was caught by participants who fished less than 4 total days during the month long tourney.

The aggregate category is another story of course. You usually have to fish pretty hard to win that one.
I fished a bunch of days last year....took some of my best sunrise photos.:(

·
VIP of the PFF
8,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I caught a lot of fish last year, just not tournament winners. I lost two big fish last year, one of them was definitely a money fish but that's fishing. Hopefully this year my bait will land on a big ones nose. Just found some new electric chicken fish bites so it's on like donkey kong !

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Squid technician
10,484 Posts
FYI I am now carrying the fish bites in the pre cut shapes and the full strips. Got a bunch of colors including electric chicken

·
Bearded Brotula
11,528 Posts
FYI I am now carrying the fish bites in the pre cut shapes and the full strips. Got a bunch of colors including electric chicken
They don't work. Russ just keeps advertising them. He either owns stock in the company or it's a red herring. I'm gonna catch him out there one day and find out what he's really using....:shifty:

·
Registered
440 Posts
I'll be entering GBBT tournament again. My girlfriend and I fish it every year and usually donate our money to the winners, but she took first place in the women's division last year! Was nice to get money back!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
VIP of the PFF
8,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
He keeps private stock grade A chicken livers in the back room for the serious pompano fishermen. Now don't go try to buy any there , cause he'll just look at you like you're stupid. It's kinda of a thing reserved for the elite....and either you're in or you're out. Secret hand shake and all.
https://youtu.be/u-d0m8W1XEk

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
VIP of the PFF
8,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hey Chris V, if you decide to do the pompano tournament how about considering making it a slash whiting tournament. I'm thinking that this will encourage people that aren't dedicated pompano fishermen to enter and give it a try. Most anybody can catch a whiting so they will feel as though they at least have a decent chance at placing in the whiting division while trying for a pompano.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts