Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to scrape together what I need to put together some Pompano Rigs. What size floats and beads should I use? Local suppliers or online resources? Colors etc ?

·
Registered
840 Posts
I use 40# mono so I won't pop my sinker off, with one or two droppers, 3/0 eagle claw circle hooks, brightened up with neon pink shrimp fishbites, sometimes further tipped with peeled fresh table shrimp. (I recommend TC's lucky shrimps from Perdido Seafood under Baars bridge). The long-cast rig has a single short dropper, 5 oz pyramid, and a 2 inch piece of fishbite, no shrimp.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I use a 15 lb. floro leader rig, 28 inches with two droppers, 8" inches apart. I've been using float hooks on the top dropper and either a #2 circle or #2 kahle hooks on the bottom, but fishmeister has a great option on his float hooks. FLoat hooks can be found on YouTube. Fishgum (fishmeister) on youtube has some great videos and good information.

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
I've got to get my hearing checked. Each time he said Fish Gum, I was hearing Fish Scum and going " what?".

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
Going to scrape together what I need to put together some Pompano Rigs. What size floats and beads should I use? Local suppliers or online resources? Colors etc ?
SurfFishMeister has a good video on the surf reports section on how to make float hooks for surf fishing. He also tells what size floats to order...I asked AFTER I felt froggy and leaped...and ordered smaller ones...DOH.

His method is so easy an idiot like me can do it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts