Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I been planing to hit the beach since Monday night when I when out got myself a couple dozen fresh frisky sand fleas. Day by day the water conditions are getting worst and worst, finally Wednesday afternoon looked like a good day so I sure got my stuff ready and head out. I only ha the chance to make one cast before I packed it all away, to much current and seaweed (Destin) . ;-(
So in between days I'll go and catch a couple trout in the early morning and fish for flounder during the day.( managed to get 1 13" on a lemon head matrix shad) my first one this year. .
Now let's get serious, set my alarm to 5:30 am and so it started. I was ready to fish by 6:15! Catfish , catfish, catfish , catfish sorry for repeating myself but I have almost given up , and guess what got a pompano. Let's keep It short count about 25-30 fish all together from 6-10. Only kept 1 red 26" and my Florida pompano limit 6.
The biggest one is 16" which weighs roughly 3.5 lbs , all of them came on live fleas on a double standard pompano rig, 4 oz weight on outgoing tide. Little bit of grass , and the water has a lite stain more to greenish color.
I hope you guys enjoyed my report until next time" Catchem Up".
PS: location panhandle.

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
Great report! I have been debating going to hit the beach all week, but haven't had the motivation. This did it for me, thanks!

·
Registered
429 Posts
Sticking with it paid off...good on you. Over here on Pcola Beach, when waves allow, no problem at all for me to catch whiting since mid-august. Some days better than others.

Catching them on orange "shrimp bites" too. Surprising to me because I've tried them before, without adding real shrimp, and didn't get anything in the surf. Now, sound-side you get all kinds of panfish on them.

Catch small pompano on them too. No keepers yet though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts