Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes you have to let your instincts dictate your actions. After 1:30 minutes sitting around with my surf rods on the beach and no bites I decided to break out my jiggin rod and walk a few feet away from my surf rods and try it out. I sure made the best decision for the day, cast after cast getting hooked up and playing just like a little kid when he gets a new toy. Ended up selecting my 6 pompano out at list 10-15 that I caught in about 30-45 minutes. I was a blast, I used a pink and white jig tipped with a nice and healthy live sand flea. All the fish was in a small hole just a few feet literally down from where I had all my surf rods set up. I could of left with no fish and skunked if I don't get up from my cooler and start casting the JIG!!!!!
Tight lines my Friends.

Attachments

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great job, you tapped into that school. I have jigs but haven't fished them much. How do you work the jig?
I used to fish the Jettys a lot but not lately, just way overcrowded. I usually cast as far as I can let it sink to the bottom and give slow taps as I retriev it. You will fill small bumps and just pick up the pace so the fish gets excited and will bite more aggressively. If you have sand fleas on your jig than you slow it down so he can eat the bait .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts