Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
VIP of the PFF
8,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm making up my supply for the fall. If anyone is interested in buying some I can make extras. I make mine out of 20 lb. Fluorocarbon and I also make some out of 30 lb. , that I use when the bluefish and ladyfish are thick. I won't be shipping any, but if you are local I can meet up anywhere from Robertsdale to pensacola. The leaders will be $3.00 a piece for the ones with just beads.For the ones with corks it will be $3.50. I make several different color options. 251-747-3095.

·
VIP of the PFF
8,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What about your secret bait? Got any of that for sale?
The livers quit working ? Lol. You know what my secret bait is ! But I can go buy you a Pack and autograph it for you for an extra dollar. You need to go with me one day so I can make a fishbites believer out of you.

·
Constitution Conservative
2,563 Posts
GK, what flavor/color of fishbites do you find works best on the Pomps?

·
VIP of the PFF
8,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pink and chartreuse in shrimp flavor. White and orange sandflea. My top 3

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
439 Posts
We need to start a beach "charter" service.... we supply rods, rigs, and spots for a small fee. I've been asked about it a lot. I do Pcola, you do Jbeach!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
VIP of the PFF
8,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have seriously considered it . My wife and I have discussed it along with the idea of turning commercial with a hook and line commercial license. While it makes sense to do something that you are good at and enjoy...... I don't know if by making it into a job ,wouldn't destroy the love and enjoyment that I find while doing it. I'm not saying that I may not wind up doing it, but so far I have managed to talk myself out of it. We need to get together one day and go catch some. Maybe we'll discuss this some more.

·
VIP of the PFF
8,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
These are the prices charged by 2 different surf fishing guides that i found on line.
4 Hour Morning Surf Trip
1 Angler$150
2 Anglers$300
3 Anglers$400
4 Anglers$500

Customize your surf fishing experience:
Sit back and relax or learn how to catch more fish every time you go to the beach. Use my gear or bring your own rods and reels to learn how to get the most from your equipment.

Full day on the beach: $300 (4 hours)
Half day on the beach: $175 (2 hours)
Private casting lessons: $60 (2 hours)

What we provide:
Rod & reels
Tackle
Several types of fresh bait

What you should bring:
Fishing license
Snacks & drinks
Cooler for your catch
Camera to record your fishing experience
Chairs, sunblock, sunglasses, appropriate attire and supplies for a day at the beach

·
Registered
45 Posts
What do you mean by "pompano leaders"? I am interested but I need to know exactly what it is you're selling. I can get them in November when I visit.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Sounds like a good retirement job for you Russ. Youre lucky you live in a place where you can fish year around, except for a few weeks in the very coldest winters and some summer stretches when weed is problematic.

·
VIP of the PFF
8,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
What do you mean by "pompano leaders"? I am interested but I need to know exactly what it is you're selling. I can get them in November when I visit.
They're just 2 drop leaders made out of fluorocarbon. I make some for fishing with fishbites and some for fishing with sandfleas or peeled shrimp. I believe that on the third page of this section you can find pictures of these leaders under the title "Pompano leader pegboard ". I'm not trying to make a killing off of these leaders nor do I want to do them all the time. It just doesn't take me very long to make all I need for the season, while watching tv. Tying leaders for the pompano run is kinda the equivalent "for me "of all the hunters hanging stands and target practicing before the season opens . Getting pumped up for it ! I've probably tied a hundred since I've posted this thread. Lol. I'm not one to keep fishing the same leader until it breaks. I'll put a new one on in a heartbeat if it starts looking a little tattered or worn. So..... I tie plenty !

·
Registered
393 Posts
They're just 2 drop leaders made out of fluorocarbon. I make some for fishing with fishbites and some for fishing with sandfleas or peeled shrimp. I believe that on the third page of this section you can find pictures of these leaders under the title "Pompano leader pegboard ". I'm not trying to make a killing off of these leaders nor do I want to do them all the time. It just doesn't take me very long to make all I need for the season, while watching tv. Tying leaders for the pompano run is kinda the equivalent "for me "of all the hunters hanging stands and target practicing before the season opens . Getting pumped up for it ! I've probably tied a hundred since I've posted this thread. Lol. I'm not one to keep fishing the same leader until it breaks. I'll put a new one on in a heartbeat if it starts looking a little tattered or worn. So..... I tie plenty !

Just built a leader board of my own off your plans. I think it took me longer to put 8 or so nails in that board than it did to make the first 5 leaders!
Curious what you do differently between the leaders for Fishbites vs. shrimp/sand fleas?

·
VIP of the PFF
8,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I don't add the bright little corks to my fish bite leaders. The fishbites have plenty of bright color to attract them from a distance. ...so there is really no need to add anymore flash to the leader. For the leaders that I use with sandfleas or peeled shrimp I add a bright little cork above the hooks.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Ok I will go and see if I can find it. When you said leader I was thinking leader material. Sounds like you mean the rig with hooks and all.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I want to buy some pomp rigs but I also need some rigs with smaller circle hooks (maybe 1/0) for Whiting on my short rod. Can you make me 10 of each? Stick some flashy beads (you pick the colors) on all of them just in case the pomps come up close.

·
VIP of the PFF
8,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I want to buy some pomp rigs but I also need some rigs with smaller circle hooks (maybe 1/0) for Whiting on my short rod. Can you make me 10 of each? Stick some flashy beads (you pick the colors) on all of them just in case the pomps come up close.
I'll go with a variety pack. Some of all my color options. 10 with the smaller hooks and 10 with my 3/0s. Do you want any with corks or just beads ?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts