Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
One eye fishing,
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Buddy and I started the day off with the couple of nice reds and then hit the beach front for some pompano. Wound up bringing home 9 pomps. Took a few shots at 3 nice cobia and saw several other short cobia. Fishing in the surf with pomp jigs tipped with fresh peeled shrimp chunk...
They are awsome fun on a trout rod instead of a surf rod with 2 to 4 ounces of terminal tackle...

20200421_124937_copy_692x755.jpg
20200421_124540.jpg
Screenshot_20200421-175630_Messages.jpg

Signed ,
...muh, muh, muh, muh, muh, Mel Tillis. ha

·
Registered
141 Posts
did I hear someone say pompano. nice catch.the meal is nutritious meaning safe + healthy & tasty, you made me hungry.
those look like keeper reds good catch there also. thanks for cobia report where exactly where you.woops my bad I see pcola at beginning.

Since pcola is east of Orange bch,AL doe's this mean the migration is happening in next few weeks for AL?are all boat ramps open

·
Registered
294 Posts
We're heading down in a day or two, wondering if I should bring my 1860MVLP-CC Sea Ark??? Would love to get on some inshore fish.

·
One eye fishing,
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We're heading down in a day or two, wondering if I should bring my 1860MVLP-CC Sea Ark??? Would love to get on some inshore fish.
I wouldnt come without it. I would target the smaller or leeward waters according to the wind with that boat. It won't get you on the pompano ( except maybe on the best of days), but you should be able to find some reds, trout, flounder, etc...
I used to run my g 3 1860 tunnel hull here a lot, but it was overworked trying to get to the pass on an average day.
There is plenty of smaller sheltered water that holds good trout and reds. Especially if you are flexible.
Good luck!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts