Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Parents and sister were in town Easter weekend which gave me a good excuse to go fishing. Took my dad surf fishing at Navarre Bch Friday morning, the weeds were bad in spots, but found a hole with tolerable weeds. Caught 2 pomps and 1 catfish. My dad ordered two Okuma surf rod and reel combos from Cabelas and brought them down, not bad little setups for $100. He bought the 12' rods with Okuma avenger reels with the baitfeeder on them. I was expecting the rods to be absolute beasts and they have decent action to them, cast far, and the reel, well so far so good we will see how it holds up through the year.

Caught one fish on frozen shrimp, forgot to pick up some fresh shrimp, but goes to show ya old stinky frozen shrimp catches fish too, just falls off the hook easier. Caught the other on a fresh flea, both rigs had chart./orange dot corkys above the hook. 2oz sinkers would of held just fine, but with the current we had to use 4oz.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Nice work! The June weed is here way too early this year....glad you were able to still get a couple nice pomps out of that salad water..good job!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts