Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DOES ANYONE HAVE A CNNECTION WHERE I CAN GET SOME 1/4"TH X 5'L X 18"W POLY BOARD FOR OUR CLEANING TABLES. I KNOW THIS STUFF AIN'T CHEAP,BUT THERES GOT TO BE SOME OUT THERE FOR LESS THAN $18 SQ.FT. I NEED 30 SQ FT. IT DOESN'T HAVE TO BE NEW. IF SOMEONE IS CLOSING OR REDOING A RESTURANT OR MEAT MRKT.WILL WORK FINE. ANY HELP WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED THANKS CLIFF

·
Premium Member
11,154 Posts
i can get a 4x8 sheet for about $105. i only need half (2x8). if you think you might want to split a sheet pm me and i will order it this week. should only take a couple day's to get here.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Is this needed for the Recess cleaning tables? I have 2 that I really haven't used yet...24in X 30in...1/2in thick...it wouldn't cover the whole table but would do good for each fish...well the smaller ones:doh

These are actual cutting boards

·
Your mom's a
6,788 Posts
ironman172 (3/14/2010)Is this needed for the Recess cleaning tables?

Gonna need more than 30 sq feet if it is!!!

Y'all might try to check out pvc board. Sign supply places usually have it or can get it and it's $20 for 4x8 at 1/8th inch. Shouldn't be much more for 1/4 inch.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
THAT WILL WORK PERFECT, BILL. THANKS CLIFF. LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU WHEN COME DOWN.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
I will bring both of them!! I know they will be put to good use!!:clap

I know I bought them for something or someone....now I know who...glad I can help Cliff

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
I forgot I had this clearLexan.... not sure if it would be good for a cutting board...I think the fish would slip around as much as on the stainless table top...its 20in X 6ft.... 1/4 in. thick....might be good for those long wahoo's or tuna & AJ's.... you like to catch....let me know

·
Registered
337 Posts
Check out the utility tables at Home depot or lowes. I made one from a top that I salvaged after some spring break partyers broke the legs off last year.

You can get one like this for around $50

the one I made has worked great.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hey bandit, so the fish don't slide around on it and how do the edges of the knives hold up cutting on them? just curious cause i can get a couple of those tops. looks great.

·
Registered
209 Posts
if you are planning on leaving that table out in the sun, don't use polyboard. i made a table out of it two years ago and now it's very brittle and i'm looking to replace it. Use starboard or marine board, or something that is UV stabilizied.

·
Premium Member
11,154 Posts
nice table. that gives me an ideal.

·
Registered
337 Posts
cobe killer (3/24/2010)hey bandit, so the fish don't slide around on it and how do the edges of the knives hold up cutting on them? just curious cause i can get a couple of those tops. looks great.
It is made out of the same material as poly board, but hollow. (roto molded polyethylene). I does not seem quite as slippery as starboard. Being 7 foot long it has plenty of room for the largest fish and two or three people can work at the same time.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks for the info. i didn't know about leaving it in the sun would make it brittle. gives me some ideas.

·
Registered
3,702 Posts
1bandit (3/24/2010)
cobe killer (3/24/2010)hey bandit, so the fish don't slide around on it and how do the edges of the knives hold up cutting on them? just curious cause i can get a couple of those tops. looks great.
It is made out of the same material as poly board, but hollow. (roto molded polyethylene). I does not seem quite as slippery as starboard. Being 7 foot long it has plenty of room for the largest fish and two or three people can work at the same time.
They sell those tables at Sam's for pretty cheap, I have one at home about 2'x5' that I use for fish cleaning and it works great!

·
Registered
185 Posts
I'd definitly check with Mike @ Creative Acrylics before I went anywhere. He hooked me up with Starboard for two doors on my boat, cut them to perfect size and drilled the holes for next to nothing!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Most sign companies have various thicknesses of PVC board available. I have bought it in Destin several times from a Sign co on Main St.

·
Fishing Goddess
1,072 Posts
There was a need for a new fish cleaning table on the Ultralight dock and after seeing the design idea above, Mike, Mike P. and Brian decided they could come up with something close. After a table was sacrificed for the cause, consturction began this morning and by a little after lunchtime we had a nice new fish cleaning table down on the dock.

and getting it down to the dock...

and finally in its place on the dock...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts