Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Patoz (25/06/2010)
hogdogs (24/06/2010)Since it is that kind of pocket protector, I would simply take it back at any means required!

Or if you ain't into that sort of thing, I would dig deeper into my dirty bag o' vengeance...

Drive an automatic? Crimp trans cooler lines...

Crimp fuel lines...

Slightly loosen oil drain plug...

Automatic center punch to side and back glass on the car...

Brent

Brent, I'll bet you pulled wings off of fly's and burned ant hills with a magnifying glass when you were a kid, didn't you? :toast

Patoz,
Did you notice none of his revenge included dogs? I'm pretty sure he has plenty more he's NOT sharing with us, and I've made a sacred vow to NEVER pi** off Hogdogs !! :):nonono

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
even I didn't notice the lack of dog related things...

Wife tells folks... "It is a good thing that it is so very hard to really piss him off..." "But if you ever do... you better keep an eye on him..."
:toast
Brent

·
Registered
506 Posts
Considering how I feel about my CRKT, exactly the same one as you lost, and how I had to buy a new one when someone stole it,I would be tempted to "find" this guys nuts from behind with the toe of my boot, hard enough for him to "lose" his lunch.

He will probably buy you a brand new knife just for the valuable life lesson you shared.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I would never trust him period, I would also document the whole thing with names, datesand have it notarized. This type of scumbag most likely will steal some thing from someone else and may try to pin the blame on you or one of the other workers in the near future.

Would be interesting in seeing picture of your workplace from the sidewalk or street, maybe with the pocket bandit face? Itnice to know who naughtyand not nice.

·
Registered
380 Posts
boatbitch (25/06/2010)
Patoz (25/06/2010)
hogdogs (24/06/2010)Since it is that kind of pocket protector, I would simply take it back at any means required!

Or if you ain't into that sort of thing, I would dig deeper into my dirty bag o' vengeance...

Drive an automatic? Crimp trans cooler lines...

Crimp fuel lines...

Slightly loosen oil drain plug...

Automatic center punch to side and back glass on the car...

Brent

Brent, I'll bet you pulled wings off of fly's and burned ant hills with a magnifying glass when you were a kid, didn't you? :toast

Patoz,
Did you notice none of his revenge included dogs? I'm pretty sure he has plenty more he's NOT sharing with us, and I've made a sacred vow to NEVER pi** off Hogdogs !! :):nonono
Yeah BB, probably some stuff involving firecrackers and M-80's. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Patoz, Yer spot on... I have extensive knowledge thru the excessive "use" in the implementation and results of "low" explosives...

Brent

·
Registered
357 Posts
I know this is gonna be a highly unpopular response, but I would handle the situation by thinking to myself

"damn, I irresponsibly misplaced my 'pocket protector' and should learn from my mistakes."

Sorry, but thats just life. Kinda like saying that the guy with the metal detector should seek out the owner of the $6k diamond ring he found. Its not his responsibility.

I know its not what you want to hear, but it is the other side of the coin.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hmmmm........
File a police report, with graphic description of the "pocket protector"; and report it stolen.
When you see the "pocket protector" again.....call police and let them take it from there.

Just a thought........ ;)

·
Registered
6,190 Posts
I didn't read through ALL the responses, but I'd put up signs through out the workplace describing the "pocket protector" and state that you lost it in the workplace and if anyone found it you'd appreciate the return. A picture along would be nice also. Describe modifications made. I'm sure your co-workers will spot the chickenS l-l1T guy with it.

·
Registered
380 Posts
kenny senter (28/06/2010)I know this is gonna be a highly unpopular response, but I would handle the situation by thinking to myself

"damn, I irresponsibly misplaced my 'pocket protector' and should learn from my mistakes."

Sorry, but thats just life. Kinda like saying that the guy with the metal detector should seek out the owner of the $6k diamond ring he found. Its not his responsibility.

OK, I'll be the first to disagree.

It may be the other side of the coin, but returning it is the PROPER thing to do. But then that would involve personal integrity <span class="hw">(in·teg·ri·ty
<span class="pron" onmouseover="return m_over('Click for pronunciation key')" onmouseout="m_out()" onclick="pron_key()">(
) n. 1. Steadfast adherence to a strict moral or ethical code.), something this country seems to be seriously lacking in these days.

The proper owner more than described the item in detail, to include minor defects and modifications. That should have been all that was necessary, followed by a hearty 'thank you' and a handshake. Now it looks like it will end with, 'just remember A**hole, paybacks are hell'.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
<span style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0);"><span style="font-weight: bold;">INTEGRITY....

What you do when no one is watching!!!

<span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">I named a couple business' Integrity Enterprises. If you cannot conduct yourself with honesty and integrity, you deserve all the KARMA and repercussions that befall you...

Brent

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
kenny senter (28/06/2010)I know this is gonna be a highly unpopular response, but I would handle the situation by thinking to myself

Wow!!! Is about all I can say to that. You would not try to find the owner of a 6k diamond ring if you found it somewhere?? That train of thought is soooo foriegn to me I don't know how to respond besides, I hope I find a 6k diamond ring of yours that you can prove is yours ,that may have been in your family for hundreds os years,and let you watch as My Daughters fiance gives it to her, and I say " Finders keepers". Thats straight up wrong no matter how you put it.

It was not a mistake for this guy to have his knife fall out of his pocket or whatever happened to cause it to be " Found " by this jack ass, it was in his place of work and the guy who found it was also in his place of work, to not give it back to him after proof of ownership was provided is stealing.WEAK!!!!!!

·
PDC Fishing Team
1,970 Posts

....PATHETIC! You're a great candidate for any political office in the current administration. The owner approached the "metal detector guy". No seeking was required here.

I found a wallet in middle school in the locker room... old velcro type with nothing in it. Next class I took it out and was admiring my find... a classmate says, "hey, that's my wallet". I gave it to him and he proceeds to ask where the contents are. Do you think he believed me when I told him that it was empty when I found it (which it was by the way)? Lost a potential good friend that day. Don't want that to happen again.

On the flip side, was running from a thunderstorm and found refuge under 17th ave bridge. Right before i got there two lifejackets flew out and came to rest in the reeds between the bridge and the launch. As the rain dwindled, I watched a boat pick them up while I was not 20yds away. Gave him a shout, which was ignored. As he loaded his trailer, i beached my boat, walked up to him and said, "I don't know if you heard me, but those are my life jackets you just picked up.", as I showed him one just like them. He said he didn't know nothing about that and those were his. Before I knew it, I reached over in his boat, grabbed my life jackets and dared him to do anything about it.

In retrospect, I don't know if i would do it exactly like that again, but you asked what I would do and that's what I did.

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
Considering the fact that you have already described the item to him and he acknowledges that it was yours, I would go back to him and give him one more opportunity to return it to it's rightful owner.If he refuses, be sure to tell him that you have given him every opportunity to do the right thing and that you will be taking necessary actions regarding this .

I would not tell him what I was going to do, but I would bring it to the attention of the appropriate supervisor, and if you have an LP section, be sure to warn the folks there.

This turd need a behavior change, ( forget about the blade) but be sure to let everybody know that they can't let anything out of their sight if this individualis around.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts