Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know much about this deer but from what I saw onbfacebook it was found by fwc dead after being shot by an apparent poacher near the Munson seed orchard

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
12,831 Posts
Without having a better look, I'd say that deer scores close to 125" or so.

Sad thing is, with the rut on, every poacher in two states is working overtime to go out and ruin a trophy that would have made a lifetime lasting memory for someone.
Yeah he looks giant. I thought 120s as well, but that's what I was told by the guys who had the tape on him.

Sad indeed.

Sent from my Galaxy S5....

·
Hunting Addict
76 Posts
He scored 110 4/8ths by the way

Sent from my Galaxy S5....
Without having a better look, I'd say that deer scores close to 125" or so.

Sad thing is, with the rut on, every poacher in two states is working overtime to go out and ruin a trophy that would have made a lifetime lasting memory for someone.
I agree ,, that picture looks like a 125-130inch deer

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Definitely should be higher penalties on poachers. Felony charges.

Beautiful buck and I agree with a 110 score. One side tines definitely longer than the other, so those will be deductions. Also, it might as well be an 8pt because those little 9th and 10th point won't help the score.

·
Premium Member
2,516 Posts
My question is how do they know for sure he was poached and not wounded somewhere else and ultimately fell dead there where they found him?

·
Your mom's a
6,790 Posts
My question is how do they know for sure he was poached and not wounded somewhere else and ultimately fell dead there where they found him?

Because if you shot that deer, wounded him and trailed him to a closed off area, I'd bet you'd be banging on the Forest Service's door the next morning trying to recover him.

That and he lived at the seed orchard and never left the closed area.

110 4/8 with 5 6/8 deductions so he's pushing 120 gross.

·
Super Moderator
28,630 Posts
Definitely a nice buck!!!

·
Registered
6,746 Posts
We have shined that buck up there numerous nights plus a few other giants that live right there. Almost any night you can shine a few giants in there.

somewhere in a tree

·
Registered
107 Posts
I wish I still had my old phone to show a picture of a buck (big 8 with two small g4s like this one) that was shot not far from this same area years ago. Those genetics must be pretty widespread around hear because it looked identical. Heck of a nice deer and with the majority of 1 year old bucks getting a free pass I hope we start seeing a lot more nice ones like this. What a shame that the story wasn't from a hunter.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts