Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
402 Posts
I replaced the floor in an older boat about 7 yrs ago, the guy that helpedme do it, also was doing repairs for a local boat dealer and the dealer had sent him to a fiberglass school. He informed me to use douglas fir plywood,so that when you apply the fiberglass and resin you are starting with a dry piece of wood rather than one that already contains moisture (treated plywood). Also had a reason for not using pine or regular plywood, however, I have slept since then and don't remember the exact reason, itwill nothold up as good as the douglas fir. Fir was more $$$ but would be worth it in the long run. Last time I saw the boat floor was holding up like a champ.

made sense to me.

BA

· Registered
402 Posts
Tuna man

Interesting reading materials, can always stand to learn something. Knowing now what I just read is the plywood being sold locally been redyed. What little I have been involved with oozed perseravtive. Not that it really matter anymore, the moisture,just curious more than anything else.

BA

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.