Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
twiceRetired Serve No One
4,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
bought a basic plotwatcher and left it out until the " used " batteries ran down.
it lasted only 5 days with a mid day break but I am impressed with it on my first try.
Location - a small field in the corner of my land that borders the International Paper Co land in Molino

Attachments

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
I have a couple of the plot watcher pros and they last a lot longer than 5 days. what brand of batteries are you using? a lot of people think the cheaper batteries last just as long and that is far from true.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
bought a basic plotwatcher and left it out until the " used " batteries ran down.
it lasted only 5 days with a mid day break but I am impressed with it on my first try.
Location - a small field in the corner of my land that borders the International Paper Co land in Molino
nice bucks! Did you notice the big bases on the little skull? Good genetics....pour the protein to them!

·
twiceRetired Serve No One
4,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nice bucks! Did you notice the big bases on the little skull? Good genetics....pour the protein to them!
no I did not notice that but now see what you are talking about. thanks

Chum they were 4 used Duracell's [ had 1.4 volts left ].
I just put 4 new radio shack alkalines in and hope it goes longer. they were on sale , about 24 for $11.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
HN,my daughter did a science project for school and her idea was battery life. I spent an ungodly amount on battery's and flashlights,and found that across all sizes duracell's last up to 60% longer. Energizer was second. All the off brand/store brands were in the 60% less runtime than the duracell's. She came in 4 place with that one,the winners had custom printed signs whereas she hand wrote everything.
Plant you a plot in the spring next year with some good forage/protein and those 2 heathens will grow up quick. One tip,they love peanut butter and it is very high in protein. Smear it on trees before they start growing antlers,and continue untill they rub them. It also works good on salt/protein blocks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts