Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Praedator
9,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That is if you know where to go! Had a great day with the kiddos on the river/creek. Out in the middle of nowhere and you can have it all to yourself. Huge sandbar with sugar white sand and refreshing cool water.

Played some beach soccer and had a good ole time! I don't know what everyone is complaining about, this was a normal warm weekend for us.:thumbup:

Attachments

·
Praedator
9,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks familiar
This one is not one of my secret spots. Others know about this one. We had another father and son come out there about 2pm. Turns out, the guy grew up one street over from me in Pensacola. We were just a few years apart.

·
Praedator
9,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good to see kids having fun without electronics.
~JOE~
Each of my kiddos have a tablet. But the parental controls only allow 1 hr of screen time total per day. After that, they have to play with their imagination, read, or stare at the wall. And they no better than to come ask me for something to do. I'll put them to work. They have to do work around here anyway. What are kids for if not for the free labor.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Sounds like when I was a kid but we only had 3 channels on a black and white tv. I can remember my mother telling us to get out of the house and don’t come back till dinner.

We all had jobs as well. Laundry, dishes, grass cutting. Once when I got older I told my mother I didn’t want to go to work. She let me sleep in, made me breakfast and then hit me with a list of chores that were going to take me at least 2 days to complete. I complained and said “ I should have gone to work.” She said “ exactly.”
~JOE~

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Haha pretty much same here... we learned quickly that telling our parents we were bored would quickly result in the 'The List.' It usually contained tasks that were pretty tedious, like polishing my grandmother's antique silver set. We learned fast that during summer vacation, we were better off to get up early and get our regular chores done, feed ourselves, and get out the door to entertain ourselves. If you watched Saturday morning cartoons you ran the risk of being handed.... 'The List'. :whistling:

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Sounds like when I was a kid but we only had 3 channels on a black and white tv. I can remember my mother telling us to get out of the house and don’t come back till dinner.

We all had jobs as well. Laundry, dishes, grass cutting. Once when I got older I told my mother I didn’t want to go to work. She let me sleep in, made me breakfast and then hit me with a list of chores that were going to take me at least 2 days to complete. I complained and said “ I should have gone to work.” She said “ exactly.”
~JOE~
And you turned out pretty good, didn't you? Thank your folks.

·
Registered
273 Posts
^^^^ I would thank them but sadly they passed many years ago. My mother died when I was 18 and my dad when I was 20.

Two things I learned from them. My mom was kind to everyone and my dad said to never disrespect your wife and don’t ever let anyone else do it either.

~JOE~

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
This one is not one of my secret spots. Others know about this one. We had another father and son come out there about 2pm. Turns out, the guy grew up one street over from me in Pensacola. We were just a few years apart.
That was bad form on his part. When he got there and saw your family, he should have moved on to another spot.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
That was bad form on his part. When he got there and saw your family, he should have moved on to another spot.

·
Praedator
9,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ehhh, they stayed plenty far enough away! It was a big sand bar!

Now the idiots that showed up later when we were leaving and blocked me in and forced me to try and go through some mud ruts and sat my truck on the axles, kind of pissed me off! Had to get snatched out by one of the idiots!!!! :no::thumbdown:

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
We stayed home this weekend, my luck I would have had these idiots pull up next to
me.

https://youtu.be/dKmH9PR5VqM
And there you have it. This is why the whole social distancing enforcement will not work in this country. Most people will follow the guidelines, but then you get this jackass in the video arguing he has rights and he `s not going to follow the guidelines.

What an a$$hole. He probably infected everybody around him by now. :mad::mad:

·
Registered
540 Posts
And there you have it. This is why the whole social distancing enforcement will not work in this country. Most people will follow the guidelines, but then you get this jackass in the video arguing he has rights and he `s not going to follow the guidelines.

What an a$$hole. He probably infected everybody around him by now. :mad::mad:
Then you may not want to call his plumbing company, Larry Downs Plumbing, as white trash like that has probably infected his employees too....

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 22 Posts