Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 10pt">I really didn?t want to resort to posting this on the forum, but it looks as though there aren?t many options at this point. I?ve been looking for employment for the past couple of weeks. I graduated from Spring Hill College in Mobile in 2002 w/ a bachelor?s degree in marketing with a 3.74/4.00. I worked for Penske Truck Leasing here in Pensacola for over 3 years ending up as an assistant district manager. That experience included management, P&L, business plan, sales, logistics, as well as scheduling and hiring employees. I left Penske for a better opportunity and more money in October 2005. This was a company based out of DC that was contracted by the USDOT and FMCSA. They conduct safety audits and inspections on new trucking companies. I traveled from New Orleans to Miami and evaluated and ?graded? the past performance of the companies and left them w/ suggestions and requirements to be compliant w/ federal DOT regulations. Unfortunately, a few weeks back, 20 of us were laid off because our company did not get a renewal of several key contracts. I?m definitely interested in any suggestions or help at this point. I do the regular careerbuilder and monster visits each day and have signed up with the county and city websites as well. Any help is greatly appreciated. Please PM me if you know of anything and I can email a resume. Thanks!!<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 10pt"><?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 10pt">Drew Miller

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Good luck Drew.....wish I could help you!!!:grouphug:toast

·
Praedator
10,076 Posts
Good luck with the job hunt Drew. I have been keeping a look out for anything for you. This area proves to be difficult for educated folks to get a decent paying job.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Drew... if you have any diesel mechanic experience.... they are hiring here. You can work as much as you want... or as little. Of course.. the more you work... the more money you make. They have decent bennies too.

Pam

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Like I said before, looks like were going to have to move! Good luck!

There are no job's in this town, unless you want to work 40 hrs.:)

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Hey do you want to go down to Davis and sit on the corner with me Friday?

I'm going to get some old cloths and roll around in the dirt and make a sign.:reallycrying

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Those monster boards are great finders, but don't simply submitt your resume. Go down in person and submit.

The job I'm at now I found on monster. I submitted my resume but didn't hear from them. I then went down in person and submitted. Got the job. I was talking and they said they got thousands of resumes, to many to sort and they ended up trashing the majority of them.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Last ditch effort bump! Starting to get desperate. Anyone know of anything out there right now? Might bump again in the AM, so don't get upset with me. Thanks for any help!!

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Drew- My company (ExxonMobil) is hiring right now. It's very competitive but it pays well. PM me if you like...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts