Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone heard about a plane in the bay?? Just got a call from someone that works for PPD and they said that some guy said he saw some lights in the Bay and thinks it might a plane...

·
Registered
895 Posts
I had a drunk tourist come up to the waters edge one night whenI was floundering in the gulf and was freeking out. He thoughtI was a submarine

·
Fireguy
1,826 Posts
HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

If you have lived here any amount of time you know that Eglin AFB is 35-45 mins from here and they do ALOT of night missions. The light that was seen was chaff or flares from a plane...

·
Registered
5,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ya that's what it was... The wife called me and told me, and then I heard it on the news that they have gotten several calls about it.. and they said it was coming from eglin... But the guy basically called up and said Hey I think a plane went down in the bay, I keep seeing lights and stuff flash I dont want to sound weird or anything it might of been a UFO... ahaha

·
Registered
724 Posts
i see what looks like fire coming from an exhaust in the sky over what appears to be east bay as im travelling east on 98. each time i was passing by walmart/garcon bridge. guess it could be from eglin. saw it two times about 2 months apart. both just past dusk.

·
Praedator
9,978 Posts
freespool50 (11/15/2007)i see what looks like fire coming from an exhaust in the sky over what appears to be east bay as im travelling east on 98. each time i was passing by walmart/garcon bridge. guess it could be from eglin. saw it two times about 2 months apart. both just past dusk.
I saw the same thing. It was odd looking and it almost looked like a small plane going down in a ball of flames. Then it just disapeared. There is an Eglin range just across East Bay. Our house shakes when they use that range since I am right on East Bay.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Yeah I live on east bay in Holley and there were some A-10's flying with the gunships yesterday they were shooting flares all afternoon my duaghter and I sat on the dock and watched she thought it was fireworks :)

·
Registered
188 Posts
I saw the plane in O.B. last night on the news. Seems the guy ran out of fuel and had to land on the beach:doh:doh:doh Called someone to bring him some more fuel and took off. Plane was on the beach for about 30 minutes. How does this guy get a damn pilots license??

1 - 13 of 13 Posts