Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of a place that rents three point seeders? I'm talking the legit ones that plant to depth, usually have a cultipacker row at the back, not looking for the broadcast or dropper type.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Exactly, way too much to justify replanting the yard. Trying to do everything exactly opposite of what I did last time...

·
Registered
8,817 Posts
When I did mine, disc, pelletize lime, cultipacked, planted Argentine Bahai, cultipacked again. Then kept it watered good.

Now I have some thick grass. Pretty much all Pensacola Bahai now. I can watch it grow after a rain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
474 Posts
You probably really want a no-till drill that actually drills the seed in. The one in the picture you posted doesn't actually do that, it just pokes holes in the ground, drops seed out and cultipacks it. I think some county conservation districts rent them, might call around and ask.

·
DROP TINE BUCK
5,863 Posts
Personally, I think its a little late in the year to try to start grass. Seed down in late April did good for me.

Disc’d good, drug with fence, seeded and covered with hay. I didnt water or anything. I seeded with bermuda. After it started coming up, id let it seed out before I cut it and after 3 years, its covered 100%. And this ground SUCKS! Its mostly clay . Its not that “city boy” pretty grass, buts its green and im not walking in dirt!

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, I'm just sad that the seed I put down in April didnt do crap! It burns me up looking down the hill and seeing nothing but weeds...that was a lot of work!! 2 acres of weeds! I have seen the county use a drill to plant the shoulder, but I doubt they loan that stuff out.

·
Registered
8,817 Posts
Personally, I think its a little late in the year to try to start grass. Seed down in late April did good for me.

IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200628/dd40bc3a5454cb69bcba40d63c7ba903.jpg[/IMG]

Planted mine in April.

·
Registered
474 Posts
It’s not the county it’s the conservation district. Google it and you’ll see it’s pretty common for them to have a program for drill rental because they want to encourage folks to plant grasses. I just don’t know if they do it here locally. Or don’t Google it and don’t call them, just ignore the feedback and keep bitching about your weeds.

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The county conservation district is not "the county", got it....I'll call them.
It’s not the county it’s the conservation district. Google it and you’ll see it’s pretty common for them to have a program for drill rental because they want to encourage folks to plant grasses. I just don’t know if they do it here locally. Or don’t Google it and don’t call them, just ignore the feedback and keep bitching about your weeds.

·
Registered
6,500 Posts
When I did mine, disc, pelletize lime, cultipacked, planted Argentine Bahai, cultipacked again. Then kept it watered good.

Now I have some thick grass. Pretty much all Pensacola Bahai now. I can watch it grow after a rain.

We can slow that growth rate done. Pretty easy to. Instead of needing to cut once a week. It would be cut about every 3rd week.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,500 Posts

Disc’d good, drug with fence, seeded and covered with hay. I didnt water or anything. I seeded with bermuda. After it started coming up, id let it seed out before I cut it and after 3 years, its covered 100%. And this ground SUCKS! Its mostly clay . Its not that “city boy” pretty grass, buts its green and im not walking in dirt!

Bermuda is fine grass.

·
***Creepy A$$ Cracker***
4,580 Posts
What you are looking for is a grain drill. Maybe you will know someone that will let you use theirs. If I had one you would be welcome to it.

·
Super Moderator
28,288 Posts
I just disc'd my yard then straightened the disc so they ran straight and casted out seed. I then drove over the whole yard with my golf cart paking it down... it grew in pretty good. That is until these damn little stickers took over that I've been killing fer 2 years, and now I may have most of em kilt off!!!!

·
Registered
6,500 Posts
I just disc'd my yard then straightened the disc so they ran straight and casted out seed. I then drove over the whole yard with my golf cart paking it down... it grew in pretty good. That is until these damn little stickers took over that I've been killing fer 2 years, and now I may have most of em kilt off!!!!
You need to put down a pre emergent in october. Itll keep most of them from re seeding.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts