Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I are headed to Destin from New Orleans on the 18 till Memorial Day. I have fished in the Bay once last year and lucked into a couple trout but really had no idea what to do. That was my first trip fishing from a yak. Have learned a little more so hoping this year I can be more productive. Would love to fish of the beach as well as the bay. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Also, is there a hook-up thread on this board, I would love to tag along if someone needed a partner. Really looking forward to next week.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Check out henderson state park in destin. There is a ton of bottom spots close to the beach.. I dont do much inshore fishing other than around the destin bridge.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm going to be coming from Birmingham on the 11th for several days to the destin area as well. Do you guys know if you need a fishing license to fish from the beach on a state park?I assume you do if you launch a kayak from a state park.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I would launch next to The Back Porch restaurant. Henderson Beach State park is nice, but save your money on the park pass.The beach access next to The Back Porch is right down the road. There are some decent #'s out there. www.fishingdestinguide.com should point you in the right direction. Also for inshore, like aforementioned, the flat on the West side of the CGS holds some good fish. Joe's Bayou has decent fish at times. Look for grass inbetween each set of docks and some of the pilings and structure around them. If you go to Joe's bayou, there is a boat ramp, the tenant there is usually cool about kayakers putting in and parking in the lot across the street.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the info so far. We will be staying at the Army Rec center on the north side of the island so Joes Bayou is certainly one of the places I intended to check out and thanks for the info on the public access near Henderson sp. We love being in Destin and are so looking forward to this trip. Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts