Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be in Pensacola 2nd wk of June. I was looking forpublic place to take the family on a beach picnic in the boat. I don't want to tresspass on private property. Can anyone suggest a nice place that's not too crowded where the kids can swim and we can grill on the shoreline? Looking for a place within 30 min boat ride from Little Sabine Bay. I heard the rangers at Ft. Pickens were bordering on NAZI. Any help would be appreciated? Thank you very much.

Our Freedoms are protected by brave men who stand on a post! And no one get by!

·
Neptune calls me "Daddy"
9,453 Posts
Ft McCrae is easy but can be crowded. Further west along Johnson's Beach is a good option, much less crowded. Be careful though and pick a sandy entrance on an incoming tide. There's plenty of grass flat's that you want to avoid, but plenty of sandy approaches as well.

A prop DESTROYS grass flats for a LONG time!!!

Do a google earth search and look west of the pass for the sandy areas...

Same along Naval Live Oaks I assume east of Gulf Breeze.

Have fun,...

Jim

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
From Little Sabine area head east under the Bob Sikes bridge and go about 10-12 miles then look south. You should be in theOpal Beach area. There are covers with picnic tables and restrooms. You can bring a grill on the boat and use it on the beach. We usually launch at Woodlawn Beach and it only about a 2 mile run to get there. We beach the boats or set anchor stern and aft. You will probably see me out there on the weekend. That's were we hang out. If you see LSU tents, chairs and flags, that's us!

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Any place between Navarre Beach and Portifino on the south side of the Intercoastal. The are some spots that are to shallow to actually beach your boat, but shouldn't be to hard to find a place.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Pretty sure grills are OK on Dead Man's Island, assuming that is the island west of the pass. I grill almost every time I go out but I launch at Galvez Landing and go to the spoil islands or Johnson's Beach on the sound side, so that's far from Little Sabine.

·
Registered
656 Posts
mdrobe2 (4/11/2010)Pretty sure grills are OK on Dead Man's Island, assuming that is the island west of the pass. I grill almost every time I go out but I launch at Galvez Landing and go to the spoil islands or Johnson's Beach on the sound side, so that's far from Little Sabine.
Dead Man's is Gulf Breeze.

·
Registered
237 Posts
i can only imagine what his kids would be thinking if he told them they were goin to dead mans island :doh.

If you goto fort mccrea try to go on a weekday about monday because there will hardly be anyone there .

but good luck and enjoy your trip and have a fun time :letsdrink

1 - 10 of 10 Posts