Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great weekend to be on the water. We ran all over the gulf looking for grouper. Turns out I suck at grouper fishing. Being calm we ran way out SSW and fished almost every rock I know of from 50-65 miles from the pass and the only grouper we got wasa 4.5lb scamp. Lots of porgies chewing up our baits but not too many big bites. Deep water stuff too. Fished a few places from 360-400ft and couldn't find any grouper. We did catch a few nice snapper including one that was about 15lbs (released) and some jacks. Got tired of catching porgies and federal snapper so we flipped out a few king baits and got 2. One was about 9lbs andthen we got the 17.6 pounder that we weighed.

Madethe long run in to state waters and got our 8 legals in about 50 minutes (biggest was only3.5lbs). It was pretty dark by this time so we stumbled slowly through the pass and made our way home. Took me a minute to find Navy Point in the dark as the signs aren't lit at all anymore and theouter red is missing thereflective sign that faces the bay, but weeventually got in. All in all a good day. Fishing wasso-so but the weather was good and we didn't break anything on the boat, and we even won a division.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think we went 3 for 5 on the year.

2nd in the Miller Lite (kingfish). 2nd in the Bud Lite (kingfish). 1st in the Pirates of the Gulf (kingfish). We got blanked in the Optimist and theDeep Sea Rodeo. All in all a good year. No injuries and only a couple of mechanical issues (lower unit and trailer rebuild.)Half a poundin the Miller Lite and 2lbs in the Bud Lite would ve made it an awsome year!:usaflag

1 - 3 of 3 Posts