Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

pirate in bayou grande

2K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  Sea Monkey 
#1 ·
#7 ·
OMG!!!!! J/K no date stamp on the pics so that's porobaly his maiden voyage in the ER. :poke

Now the last 3 pictures seem to indicate unusual boating technique. Approaching the dock, he runs to the stern/engine area? Veers away from dock? Looking under dash?

Hope everything is good Dan and Congrats!!!! :letsdrink

#8 ·
Yea well everything that starts off well doesn't always end that way and had nothing to do with the last pics Scott. Ran a break-in cruise in the bayou for a little over an hour and everything was good till I got greedy and headed out into the bay for some higher speed break-ins. Cleared the rock jetty out of Navy Pt. and let her eat. Man this thing jumped out of the water and took off like a bat outta hell! (definately need to install the new tabs!) Bay was king of snotty but not to bad due to north wind when motor developed a ticking sound when I backed it down. Don't know the cause yet,maybe lifter,bearing,something but it ain't good. Did hit 45mph on the gps before shutdown,do gonna have to reprop to hit 60 but I think it will do it no problem. Guess its back to the ole drawing board. :banghead Got some video if I can figure out how to post it.

#11 ·
You and me both Tom.

Video test in progress.

View My Video

View My Video

And for my next trick ladies and gentleman..........sound!

vroom,vroom. Sounded more like WTF was that and a whole lot of SON OF A #^@%*#((@#(@&@& and a couple GOOD FOR NOTHING PILE OF @(!)&!(@*##%@$!!!!!!!!!

#15 ·
The OLE Fast Pirate.

Bonita Dan congratulations on getting back in the water. I know the feeling, the excitement is just as strong as the first time. I think you are gonna have to keep a few things on the Elbow Room for the cause.

1. Meatloafs CD "Bat Out of Hell"

2. A " Go Speed Racer Gooo" On the side of the boat.

3. Gonna have to install some 5pt. safety harnesses also.

4. Box of Kleenex , these will help keep your eyes dry. For the ones that don't bring thier racing goggles.

Hope all works out well. I was thinking about the ticking you referred to hearing while/after backing down. Maybe is just your imagination, Your ears may have still sounded like your cheeks slapping back and forth on your jaw.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.