Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have 19 ft Key Largo with scuppers right at water line. Flaps are gone (2005). Want to replace but stop water from entering boat when I go to the back. It doesn't pour in but if I stand there it does get 1/2 inch or so in the abck area around the motor well into the cockpit. Seen the ping pong type but wonder if you have any experience.

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
they work pretty good, better than the rubber flaps... i can get them for you as well..

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
Use the TH Marine one's.........Not the other brand [Rabud].

The TH-Marine units have a set screw you can loosen up and then remove the cover with a partial turn. This allows for easy cleaning of the ball to get any gunk off of it and make it seal better.

The Rabud units you have to remove all the screws....Basically dismount it from the transom and as such you have disturbed all the mounting sealer.

http://www.thmarine.com/productaba4.html?PRID=55

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. I appreciate the time you took to respond. I am going to get the TH style and try them. Small price to see if they help. The boat stays on a lift so drain plugs are also an option but I like automatic functionality over the firedrill to remove if I get swamped.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts