Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got some fishing rods and gear that I dont use anymore because I dont fish form the pier or from the beach anymore and thought I would put them up for sale.

2. Shakespeare Ugly Stick 11' surf rod hard action - $50.00 sold

3. Drop Net with rope - $15.00 sold

4. Sand Flea Catcher - $10.00 sold

Send me a PM or call me on my cell at 850-380-4782 if i dont pick up leave me a voicemail and a number and i will call you back

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
i just called him for the allstar rod and 706. im meeting him tomorrow with the cash in hand. sorry guys.

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
well... one of you guys went and called or pmed this guy after me. after he and i already had an agreement on price, place to meet, and everything, and offered him more for that 706 and allstar rod. whats the point of posting a price if everything just turns into a pissing match on who's going to offer more and "outbid" the guy who got there before you??? may as well put a direct link to ebay in this area.

i totally understand the need for this seller to get more money to pay for college. and i understand the whoever needed this rod/reel so bad. but come on. if its a huge deal, dont go behind the scenes and put this guy in a tough situation. now he is obligated to go with more money because he has bills to pay, but i feel terrible that he is now having to call someone and break his bond because someone else was upset they didnt log on in time... i know what you offered him. if you were willing to pay that, why wouldnt you call or pm me after the transaction and see what we could work out. odds are you just want the rod, or just the reel. in either case, we couldve worked it out where we split it up.

all in all, im not devistated to miss out on a 706 - ive got plenty. im certainly not going to cry over not getting a rod - my wife says i have enough for the whole pier.

im just a bit frustrated with how things go on this forum sometimes. this isnt the first time ive been "outbid" on a "for sale" item with a set price. among other things, the last time i drove over an hour to buy a backpack from a forum member for $50. i called him, told him i had a fifty dollar bill in my hand for him. he said cool, come on by, ill hold it for you. and by the time i got there, someone offered him just a bit more for it, and he wouldnt sell it to me for what we had agreed on. it was quite frustrating to drive that far just to find that someone's word was only good up to 10bucks...

so that is to say im sorry if im ranting about this, its just some other things coupled with this have frustrated me.

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
nb&twil (1/3/2008)well... one of you guys went and called or pmed this guy after me. after he and i already had an agreement on price, place to meet, and everything, and offered him more for that 706 and allstar rod. whats the point of posting a price if everything just turns into a pissing match on who's going to offer more and "outbid" the guy who got there before you??? may as well put a direct link to ebay in this area.

i totally understand the need for this seller to get more money to pay for college. and i understand the whoever needed this rod/reel so bad. but come on. if its a huge deal, dont go behind the scenes and put this guy in a tough situation. now he is obligated to go with more money because he has bills to pay, but i feel terrible that he is now having to call someone and break his bond because someone else was upset they didnt log on in time... i know what you offered him. if you were willing to pay that, why wouldnt you call or pm me after the transaction and see what we could work out. odds are you just want the rod, or just the reel. in either case, we couldve worked it out where we split it up.

all in all, im not devistated to miss out on a 706 - ive got plenty. im certainly not going to cry over not getting a rod - my wife says i have enough for the whole pier.

im just a bit frustrated with how things go on this forum sometimes. this isnt the first time ive been "outbid" on a "for sale" item with a set price. among other things, the last time i drove over an hour to buy a backpack from a forum member for $50. i called him, told him i had a fifty dollar bill in my hand for him. he said cool, come on by, ill hold it for you. and by the time i got there, someone offered him just a bit more for it, and he wouldnt sell it to me for what we had agreed on. it was quite frustrating to drive that far just to find that someone's word was only good up to 10bucks...

so that is to say im sorry if im ranting about this, its just some other things coupled with this have frustrated me.

that's pretty crappy. How about, "Sorry, it's sold already...but there is a chance it might fall through still. I'll let you know if it does."

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
yeah, if i knew i was going to have to get in a bidding war by waiting 12 hours, i wouldve just got my half naked butt up and in the truck and drove down to his house and put the money in his hand that moment.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Wharf Rat (1/3/2008)
nb&twil (1/3/2008)well... one of you guys went and called or pmed this guy after me. after he and i already had an agreement on price, place to meet, and everything, and offered him more for that 706 and allstar rod. whats the point of posting a price if everything just turns into a pissing match on who's going to offer more and "outbid" the guy who got there before you??? may as well put a direct link to ebay in this area.

that's pretty crappy. How about, "Sorry, it's sold already...but there is a chance it might fall through still. I'll let you know if it does."
Yes, the first step is "sorry it is sold already". But to say, "I will offer you more", well..... that just sucks:looser Definitly not what the PFF is about.

·
Praedator
10,057 Posts
I have had people offer me more after I have commited to someone on here. I never screw over that first person though no matter how much more someone else offers me. It's just wrong plain and simple. College or no college, I don't think an extra few dollars will make that much of a difference.

Sorry Number2, you have just been put on the "do not buy from" list on here as far as I am concerned.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Guys I am very sorry about what happend and believe me I feel very bad about it, but please try to understand i am paying my own way through college and needed money fast tohelp me pay dues for the semester coming upand ended up getting more than what i asked for. though it may not seem like alot to some of yaw every little bit helps me.

I am very very sorry about it all and know that this is not how the PFF is

·
TeaBilly National
368 Posts
That's just wrong. A man is only as good as his word. The buyer who back channeled the deal should be just as ashamed as the seller. Number2 you just sold your integrity for a few dollars more, CONGRATS!:boo

·
Praedator
10,057 Posts
Number 2 (1/3/2008)Guys I am very sorry about what happend and believe me I feel very bad about it, but please try to understand i am paying my own way through college and needed money fast tohelp me pay dues for the semester coming upand ended up getting more than what i asked for. though it may not seem like alot to some of yaw every little bit helps me.

There are many things that go on here that help many people. Karma will come back to bite you in the a$$. You may have gained a few bucks, but whatyou lost is wortha lotmore. I paid my own way through college with a mortgage/billsand a little one on the way as well. I know how hard it is, trust me. I also know that my dignity and my wordis worth a lot more than a few dollars. Please do not try to sell anything else here if you can't stick toyour word. It's what makes it great to buy and sell things on here without the threat of being screwed over. Many people let their guard down about the usuall threats of being screwed over because, most of us are one big happy family on PFF.

Rant off.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Number 2 (1/3/2008)Guys I am very sorry about what happend and believe me I feel very bad about it, but please try to understand i am paying my own way through college and needed money fast tohelp me pay dues for the semester coming upand ended up getting more than what i asked for. though it may not seem like alot to some of yaw every little bit helps me.

Being a man and owning up to an action (right or wrong) is a step in the right direction. thank you for replyng instead of avoiding the issue.

MY main problem is with someone who will go behind another members back and offer "More, if you sell it to me instead".

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Believe me guys my diginity andintegrity is shot right now. i feel terrible about my decision and feel that my word is not worth anything anymore. I will not sell anything on the Forum again and will probably delete my account because of the shame

my word has always been good but this is the first time that i have ever done something like this and believe me it will be my last

Once again i would like to apologize and say that i am truely sorry

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
FishingMedic (1/3/2008)Being a man and owning up to an action (right or wrong) is a step in the right direction. thank you for replyng instead of avoiding the issue.

MY main problem is with someone who will go behind another members back and offer "More, if you sell it to me instead".
well stated. on both acounts.

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Number 2 (1/3/2008)Believe me guys my diginity andintegrity is shot right now. i feel terrible about my decision and feel that my word is not worth anything anymore. I will not sell anything on the Forum again and will probably delete my account because of the shame

my word has always been good but this is the first time that i have ever done something like this and believe me it will be my last

that in itself is enough for me.

like i told you earlier, i understand your situation. and its not like you got my offer, then went around looking for a better one. im pretty upset that someone put you between a rock and a hard place! i dont agree with your original decision, but dont worry too much about this. youve shown remorse, explained your reasoning. if anyone has a problem with you past this point, forget about them.

in the future, if you have something to sell, i wont hesitate to buy from you if its something i need.... ill just insist on bringing you the money right then! ;)

as for deleting your account.... please dont. youve already shown more character than a lot of people i know by owning up to what took place. you cant find a member on here that hasnt made a mistake. and of those members, there are very few who are as quick to observe, apologize, and learn as well as you! this forum needs people like you. there will never be anyone on this forum or any other forum who wont make a mistake. but you stand out because of how youre dealing with it! keep your account, do well in school, post a report and some fish pics and everyone will love you just the same!

·
Praedator
10,057 Posts
Number 2 (1/3/2008)Believe me guys my diginity andintegrity is shot right now. i feel terrible about my decision and feel that my word is not worth anything anymore. I will not sell anything on the Forum again and will probably delete my account because of the shame

No need to get out of Dodge just yet. Just be mindfull of what was done and learn from it and move on. Sounds like your a decent guy that made a mistake. We all do from time to time. At least you admit it. No need to beat yourself up over it now that your apology has been accepted.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Hell we have all made mistakes. If everyone who has made a bad decision or a stupid drunk comment on here had left when folks commented on it......Dammit it would be a small forum:banghead

The folks who have made a positive impression on here are not necessarily those who have been mistake proof, it is those who made the stupid decision but with time showed everyone their TRUE colors. Will folks remember a bad decision for awhile? Sure, but with that same time it gives you a chance to offer some positive reports and comments.

Ipersonaly would rather see someone own up to a mistake and stick around trying to make it better instead of running and hiding.

Ya definitly gotta have a thick skin on here and be ready to accept folks comments :letsdrink

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The action that i did was not me and not who i am or what im about. i just got so cought up in trying to pay my dues that i didnt realize what i was doing. it was not my intention to shortside anyone at all and i am paying for it right now

·
Registered
322 Posts

:doh That sucks Wil. If both of you agreed on a price that person should honor it. That is backstabbing ^%&*%(*&^:nonono:banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead

Sounds like what a dirty used car salesman would do. No offense:angel

1 - 20 of 32 Posts