Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are pictures a friend of mine took a day or two ago at Eagle Lake. The water is so high it has driven them off the river islands, along with the wooded banks. Vicksburg MS is not as protected by the levee system as is Greenville, MS. Although there are a number of houses that lie between the levee system that are flooded at the moment.

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Dang, now I see what you hunters mean when you say thinning out the herd by killing does. Out of all those deer I only saw 2 bucks......and it was probably just the same one in two pictures

·
Registered
63 Posts
Yep there are a lot of camps that have been flooded. Did you friend fish Eagle? I am heading over there in a couple of weeks to crappie fish. Those pictures look like the levee around Tara Wildlife.

·
Registered
6,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wjbrand (4/9/2008)Yep there are a lot of camps that have been flooded. Did you friend fish Eagle? I am heading over there in a couple of weeks to crappie fish. Those pictures look like the levee around Tara Wildlife.
Yes. If you need a fishging report (all subject to change day to day:banghead:banghead) I'll ask Phil as to details..ie bait, depth etc, and pass one along.

·
Registered
420 Posts
wow. vicksburg has some big deer. i've always heard about hunting there, but i have never seen any. beats the heck out of toxey,al where i hunt

·
Registered
63 Posts
Tuna Man (4/10/2008)
wjbrand (4/9/2008)Yep there are a lot of camps that have been flooded. Did you friend fish Eagle? I am heading over there in a couple of weeks to crappie fish. Those pictures look like the levee around Tara Wildlife.
Yes. If you need a fishging report (all subject to change day to day:banghead:banghead) I'll ask Phil as to details..ie bait, depth etc, and pass one along.

Thanks Tuna Man. It should be getting right over there for crappie, let me know what you hear.

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
i was suppose to hunt tara wildlife this next bow season with Danny Sparanzo, Paul Ham and Rod Courtney but ended up passing up on it. anyone hunted there this year??

·
Registered
771 Posts
ScullsMcNasty (4/14/2008)i was suppose to hunt tara wildlife this next bow season with Danny Sparanzo, Paul Ham and Rod Courtney but ended up passing up on it. anyone hunted there this year??
I have hunted Tara for the last 10 year's. The place has an unbelievable deer herd, but it is not an easy hunt. All fair chase natural travel and feed pattern's. They kill some 150 class deer every year. My biggest was a 145" 10 point. I hope you passed it up for something REALLY good!

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
imkilroy (4/17/2008)
ScullsMcNasty (4/14/2008)i was suppose to hunt tara wildlife this next bow season with Danny Sparanzo, Paul Ham and Rod Courtney but ended up passing up on it. anyone hunted there this year??
I have hunted Tara for the last 10 year's. The place has an unbelievable deer herd, but it is not an easy hunt. All fair chase natural travel and feed pattern's. They kill some 150 class deer every year. My biggest was a 145" 10 point. I hope you passed it up for something REALLY good!
yea i decided to go to Pike County IL with Barron Naar. hes the bulk sales manager for Buffalo Rock so he knows a good outfitter up there. he goes every year and invited me this year! 5 day bowhunt!

·
Registered
771 Posts
I know Barron, he should have a good hookup. I hunted Il. a few year's back and it is incredible country. You definitely will not regret going there! If you can you should give Tara a try one year. Good luck in Il !

1 - 19 of 19 Posts