Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Told Ya.

Notice Obama refused to salute or place his hand over his heart or to say the pledge. This man is in contention to lead our Country. The others or Gov. Richardson, Clinton, and Harken.

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
If he can't hold his hand over his heart as every red blooded american does, how does he expect to be president. I mean geez, at least he could have put his hands in his pockets not held his crotch. :banghead:banghead

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
I don't care for any of those candidates. However, I can't help but think that it was a brainfart...if he would have been 2nd or 3rd in line he would have caught the cue from one of the others. I hope this is the case, if its not he needs his a$$ kicked.

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Let's understand this.

Obama openly REFUSED TO PLEDGE TO THE AMERICAN FLAG.

NO BRAINFART, SCREWUP OR EVEN STUPIDITY. HE OPENLY REFUSED.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Garbo, I'm curious, where did you get your facts, I'd like to know more. Again, if it is true, his political days are numbered. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
You would think that the words would have been a clue, and usually that is announced "rise for the pledge of allegiance" they don't usually spring it on ya unannounced.

Sky

·
Registered
878 Posts
It states below the video on the Snopes site that there was no evidence found to substantiate the claim that he refused to sing the National Anthem.

What puzzles me is there is a lectern with 2 microphones and 4 other men on the podium to the right of Mrs. Harken but none of that shows up in the still photo. It could be the angle of the photo but it sure looks like some of that should be in the photo. The chair behind the first man is there but the lectern isn't in that photo at all!! And Hillary and Mrs. Harken are facing at a much different angle than they are throughout the video.

It leads me to believe that the still photo was doctored up.

Edit: Y'allkeep talking about the pledge of allegiance but the actual video is of the playing of the National Anthem. Where does the pledge of allegiance come into the picture??

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
No offense, but this is just plain old bullshit. Garbo, I've spoken to you and I know you're too smart to believe this crap so why post it? You may not agree with these folks political stance, but why do you feel the need to perpetrate a lie?

And do any of you really for a second think that a man running for president would refuse -- that's right REFUSE to say the pledge of allegiance? Seriously?

Just curious.

·
Registered
386 Posts
i dont know about that picture but he did openly refuse to say the pledge of allegiance which i think probably ruined what little chance he had of becoming president and dont get me started on hillary :usaflag

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
hewes22 (11/6/2007)Obama also stated if he were to be elected herefuse tobe sworn in under the bible
Did that openly on television. I believe it was Bill O'Rielly.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
I saw this a while back and its on snopes. It was during the national anthem. I personally believe the story, or at least don't doubt it. However, there's no real way to know if the anthem was playing when the picture was taken.

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Xanadu (11/6/2007)No offense, but this is just plain old bullshit. Garbo, I've spoken to you and I know you're too smart to believe this crap so why post it? You may not agree with these folks political stance, but why do you feel the need to perpetrate a lie?

And do any of you really for a second think that a man running for president would refuse -- that's right REFUSE to say the pledge of allegiance? Seriously?

Just curious.
Hal, can I take you to lunch?

·
Praedator
9,975 Posts
Ok, here's my view and I can't stand any of the people in the picture. So let's get that out of the way.

There is a difference in not puttingyour hand on your heart during the pledge and not putting your hand over your heart during the National Anthem.

In the original post by Garbo, it says pledge, when in fact it was the National Anthem. I don't know about you, but there are many patriotic people that do not put their hand over their heart for the National Anthem. The National Anthem is not something that you are pledging unlike the pledge to the flag etc... During the pledge to the flag you are stating your alegiance tothe flag and our country, hince why you place your hand over your heart.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts