Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got it built. All Rock River parts and a BSA Stealth Tactical Red Dot with laser and light.Hope to try it out on some pigs and deer or the occasional Zombie this year.

Here is the .458 Socom round compared to a 5.56 nato round

·
Registered
131 Posts
.458 SOCOM, .50 Beowulf, and 6.5 Grendel are all less common but available setups for the M4 and AR15. All three are serious calibers. The .458 and .50 are absolutely devastating inside 200 yards. The .458 has a little more range. The 6.5 Grendel is being considered to replace the 5.56 and 7.62 NATO rounds for the US Military for all applications from close range to sniper use.

·
Praedator
9,915 Posts
Man, that is a beast of a round. It should put a hurt on some pigs. Glad I was able to help you get your project done. $$$$$:poke How's therecoilon that bad boy vs the 5.56?

Edit: Just looked up the price of that ammo.:banghead:banghead.That stuff is expensive. Just a quick search yielded $2.00 a round for the cheap stuff.:doh

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep it is pricey but I already got me a set of dies and I already load for 45/70 so I should be able to get the price per round down.

·
Registered
311 Posts
That is a nice piece!:clap

I'm thinking of building an AR. what are some of the better web sites to get parts?

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
KINGMACK (3/23/2009)thinking about putting one together myself. how much did that project run ya?
The uppers run about $750 complete and the price on the lower varies depending on what parts are used. The key is dont be in a hurry and shop around. AR15.com has some good deals in their equiptment exchange. Expect a long wait if you purchace straight from Rock River though.

·
Registered
131 Posts
punisher338 (3/23/2009)
KINGMACK (3/23/2009)thinking about putting one together myself. how much did that project run ya?

The uppers run about $750 complete and the price on the lower varies depending on what parts are used. The key is dont be in a hurry and shop around. AR15.com has some good deals in their equiptment exchange. Expect a long wait if you purchace straight from Rock River though.

Alright. Thanks for the reply.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts