Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

21 - 40 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
I'm 100% with ETrade. I love my eggs, but also love having a gas grill when I just want to do two hotdogs for the kids or something.

Boardfeet, your setup is freaking beautiful!

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
simple to use. dried hickory, pecan, and oak on the left. air holes on the bottom left. smoke goes out the right.

Reactions: SHunter

·
Registered
2,801 Posts

Reactions: halo1

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
I’m on the BGE camp but couldn’t justify that kind of money so I bought a Vision Diamond B series for hundreds less. I now have two and highly recommend them. I use them all the time and can’t wait till my outdoor kitchen is done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
202 Posts
pit boss pellet grill. Every bit as good as a traeger but easier on the wallet. He’ll the traeger family sold the company and went to work with pit boss. I have one and love it! Shoulda bought one years ago!!!

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
What is the difference between Kamado and BGE? I looked at the Kamado at Sam's and it has the same look with the fire bricks insides as the egg, and much cheaper.

·
Registered
470 Posts
[QUOTE="
Those green egg grills are a status symbol more than anything else.

Obviously never used one.
[/QUOTE]
Right I haven't mainly because my porch doesn't look like that lol.. I have seen them used and eaten food off of them. In my opinion they aren't worth the money. ....Something something opinions and ass holes...

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
There's a lot of other grills out there built the same way as a BGE and I bet they last just as long, this argument reminds of the Yeti argument and that's been proven wrong over and over!

·
Registered
904 Posts
I'm a sucker for the Weber Genesis. Great warranty for parts. I just put in my calendar when replacement time comes up and request more. Mine was good for about 13 years. Bought another one last year. Great temp control. Easy cleanup. Congrats on home.

·
Bearded Brotula
12,383 Posts
[QUOTE="
Those green egg grills are a status symbol more than anything else.

Obviously never used one.
Right I haven't mainly because my porch doesn't look like that lol.. I have seen them used and eaten food off of them. In my opinion they aren't worth the money. ....Something something opinions and ass holes...
[/QUOTE]
Seen them used vs actually using them is the difference. The people that actually cook on them love them. There is a reason for that.

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
I don’t have a BGE, went the Kamado Joe route.

They are most definitely NOT a status symbol. I absolutely love to grill and I can do anything I want.

My only regret is not buying one sooner!

I‘m semi-retired though, so I really don’t care about time too much.

I would guess that the ideal set up would be to have multiple grills though.

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
I'm 100% with ETrade. I love my eggs, but also love having a gas grill when I just want to do two hotdogs for the kids or something.

Boardfeet, your setup is freaking beautiful!

View attachment 1075679
Not my house. It’s a home we built for a client.
Too big for me.. 7500 s/f under roof.
not my house.. we built it for a client.. way too big for me.. 7500 S/f. Under roof

·
Registered
462 Posts
I went with the Visions signature series. Came with rolling stand and I can empty ash by sliding out a tray. I have used both Vision and BGE. Many gas grills and traeger( have traeger at work). Hands down ceramic has been my favorite. I also have a drop in gas in my outdoor kitchen. Use the gas for quick stuff or when more grilling area is needed for parties. Only changed the gasket on my ceramic after 6 yrs of use. Have spent enough money on rebuilding gas grills over the years to buy a couple more ceramics. Pizzas on the Visions grill are awesome.

21 - 40 of 79 Posts