Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Weird I was thinking about this right before disco asked about something like this. But for android is there a app or what apps do you use on your phone for checking fishing conditions ie. Tides/moon/temp/wind/exc. ???

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Hey jd since my boats out of commission for awhile ( blown power head) is the navigation app pretty accurate, cause it would be worth getting several of my bay snapper spots are close enough.

·
Registered
9,242 Posts
My opinion on the navionics app is it sucks. Can't put gps numbers list on it. Not worth it if it was free and it isn't free.

·
Red Solo Kayak
1,269 Posts
there have been a couple of threads about Phone apps, i run a iPhone 5 so this might differ a bit. But i use:

Tide+ - moon phases, high tide, low tide, fishing times to expect.
Navionics - for depth in particular areas i wanna fish
Swellinfo - gulf swell, wind direction and speed
FishWeather - i dont use much but everyonce in a while ill open it and mess around.
BuoyData - inshore/offshore buoys differ BUT it does give you recent barometric pressure.

and of course

Fish Rules 2013 - gotta know my regs for lost fish, like a random Warsaw in 12ft of water..

·
Registered
168 Posts
Buy the Navionics app, its very nice for the price.
I second that one:thumbsup:

It is very handy if you are trolling, helps you find relief or depressions so you can troll around those areas. It will also list some reefs or wrecks.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I found a great app. Fishing weather .

And if you do use it ..... Does anyone know how far out the gps on your smart phone works

·
Terrible Fisherman
384 Posts
I saw someone on here say that they use the USA Navionics app 200+ miles out. Makes sense since it uses satellite.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I found a great app. Fishing weather .

And if you do use it ..... Does anyone know how far out the gps on your smart phone works
GPS is satellite based, so it doesn't need data or the phone signal....unless your app requires data that isn't on the phone

·
Registered
110 Posts
GPS is satellite based, so it doesn't need data or the phone signal....unless your app requires data that isn't on the phone
How do you stop your phone from searching for a cell signal and killing your battery way out there though? On my android phone airplane mode turns off my GPS too.

·
Red Solo Kayak
1,269 Posts

show me a Cell Phone that has GPS enabled w/o cellular data. As far as i know all cellphone GPS enabled devices are cellular data dependent

1 - 12 of 12 Posts