Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 226 Posts

·
Neptune calls me "Daddy"
9,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who's up for it? Looking at February 9th...

It's about fishing, lying, trashtalk and comraderie... not necessarily in that order...

Basic rules... $20.00 per boat, most fish win. We will check fish by taking pictures of the tail spots of each fishon a digital camera.

This is the 4th year...

Past Winners...

2005 Got Away 7 fish

2006 Night Moves 10 fish

2007 Capt AHO 1,... yep,... ONE fish!!! (it was in March)

It's a FRIENDLY tourney, mean't to bring a little levity in our "tough to fish season"

Perhaps, this time, our TRASH TALKING CHAMP might even compete!!!:shedevil:shedevil:banghead:banghead:banghead:doh:doh:doh

T-shirts MIGHT be included...

Jim

·
Jim T's sworn enemy!
2,259 Posts
Hey that ain't funny:moon I'm in as usual Jim and damn it I will compete this year,burnt shorts and all:hoppingmad

·
Jim T's sworn enemy!
2,259 Posts
:bump Okay,who wants a shot at the title of Trash Talkin Champion?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I am in!! Got a few questions though. Do the fish have to be slot reds or are any redfish going to count?? If there is more than one person fishing on the same boat do all the fish count together or will they count individually??? Are there any boundaries to limit the area to be fished?? And if the fish count individually between two people on the same boat that both want the bragging rights do they both need to pay the entry fee or will the $20 per boat still apply?? Thanks for any info you can give me. I look foward to the event!

Jason

·
Neptune calls me "Daddy"
9,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here are last year's rules... They'll stay pretty much the same this year.

1. Please check in with the "...Got Away" or jim t either in person, by phone, or VHF 68 cell phone 525-1859

Fishing starts at 8:00 am. I'll be near the south cut at Fort McCrae until then. Look for a 26' Shamrock with an upper steering station

2. ANY SIZED Redfish qualifies.

3. When you catch a Redfish give the "...Got Away" a call on VHF 68 or phone Jim at 525-1859.

a.) You will be given a 2 word code using the phonetic alphabet For instance, "DELTA ALPHA"

b.) Write the corresponding lettersD A on a 3 inch by 3 inch piece of paper

c.) Place that piece of paper on or near the fish and take a picture showing at least the

spots and tail and the letters large enough to read...

d.) Make sure you take the picture the same way for each fish (head left, tail right).

This way no one can take a picture of both sides of the tail.

e.) If you get a double hookup, ask for 2 letter codes and use one for each fish.

f.) in case of ties, the most number of spots on any one fish will decide it... so try to get a picture with as many spots as possible.

4. Phonetic Alphabet

A = AlphaN = November

B = BravoO = Oscar

C = CharlieP = Papa

D = DeltaQ = Quebec

E = EchoR = Romeo

F = FoxtrotS = Sierra

G = GolfT = Tango

H = HotelU = Uniform

I = IndiaV = Victor

J = JulietW = Whiskey

K = KiloX = Xray

L = LimaY = Yankee

M = MikeZ = Zulu

5. All boats must return to have their pictures of fish verified by 3:15 at Fort McCrae near the south cut.

6. If you want to add to the fun, if you find them thick, tell us where you are.!!!

And a sample picture...

Jim

Good questions... keep 'em coming!

·
Neptune calls me "Daddy"
9,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
PS... It'll be $20.00 PER BOAT!!! As many fisherman, as many lines as you like... total cost is still $20.00.

ALL ENTRY FEES will be paid out, NOBODY MAKES A $ ON THIS TOURNEY...

Basically it's a chance for ME to AGAIN claim to be the best Redfisherman in Pensacola!!!:moon:poke:poke:letsparty:letsparty

Jim

·
Jim T's sworn enemy!
2,259 Posts
I have a suggestion Jim. How about when the boats registered they tell you how many anglers will be fishing and a letter code is issued to each one at the start at the race. This would speed up the process of getting the fish back into the water in a timely fashion to be revived to fight another day. Once the fish is photographed and released then the radio call would go out for another letter code. Just trying to save you some time and get'em back in before they expire unless of course one of these nuckleheads does happen to hook into a slot. Again just a suggestion and one mans opinion:moon

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
We are in Jim. Team Parrothead will definitely be there to take names and trash talk everyone. Is Matt going to be there with his special coconut aj ????? Man that was good. What month did we do it last year ??

Scott

·
Praedator
10,048 Posts
parrothead (1/3/2008) Is Matt going to be there with his special coconut aj ????? Man that was good.
If Matt is cooking up some fish, I just might have to get out there just for the food. He cooked up the best trigger for us at the camp out.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
If the weather will cooperate between now and then so I can get out and catch some fish, I will cook something up.

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
If Clay is up for it than I'm in too.....if he's not then I gott bum a ride with somebody else.....lol

·
Jim T's sworn enemy!
2,259 Posts
parrothead (1/3/2008)We are in Jim. Team Parrothead will definitely be there to take names and trash talk everyone. Is Matt going to be there with his special coconut aj ????? Man that was good. What month did we do it last year ??

Scott
Taking names? The names Bonita Dan and the boat is Elbow Room:moon Got my parts today and picking up the engine on mondayfor assembly and possibly a sea trial next weekend:letsparty All yall that are going to McRae for the food,I expect to be fed well as a Regatta King should be and I ain't talkin about no vienna sausages either(they give the king gas)Ray,get upwith theCrappy Capt. so you beautiful looserscan personally hand me the next versionof Champion wear:looserWheres the rest of the so called redfisherman like Team Fizzyletdown,Team Backlash,etc? They ain't sceared is they:shedevil

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Team Unemployment is going to try to enter, thats if I can panhandle $20 from folks when they come out of the gas station.

Dan You Fish???:poke

I'm going to steal your crown away from you!

Like a thief in the night!!!

1 - 20 of 226 Posts