Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

141 - 160 of 247 Posts

·
Registered
6,223 Posts
I think Chris is working on this. He probably has a lot on his plate but If you look back a few pages " HE WANTS TO TAKE CARE OF EVERYTHING."

MY BAD.....

Here is his post:

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=smalltxt vAlign=top>

<SPAN id=_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl4_lblFullMessage>I'm trying.... Give me a few more days and if I can't get some options, you can have at it.

<SPAN id=_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl4_lblPostSignature><STRIKE>-------------------------------------------
</STRIKE>Chris Couture
Pensacola Fishing Forum Administrator

SOUTHBOUND
32' Albemarle with twin 3126 350HP CATS

Member of the NRA
Supporter of Campaign For Liberty

That was a while back so I guess have at it...:bowdown

I'd buy one or two.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

·
Registered
414 Posts
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=smalltxt vAlign=top><SPAN id=_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl42_lblFullMessage>I've heard how Chris has a bunch on his plate, but it has been 5 months since the idea was introduced. If we could just get an update on whats going on with the flag. Everyone is just left hanging. You have more than 5462 hits on this post, that should get someones attention to put this a little higher in the list of "things to do". </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

·
Registered
502 Posts
Demand is clearly abundant. If people pre-ordered and prepaid, whomever organizes this would not leave themselves open to risk. Seems like a slam dunk for an easy way to market the site and even turn a little profit. I've heard that Chris isn't interested in making money off this site, so he may not care about free marketing or an opportunity to make a dollar or two....thus no response to the thread.

·
Super Moderator
27,954 Posts
Pinksnappercatcher (9/25/2009)I will do it.

Does everyone agree on the regullar PFF banner at the top of the page for the flag?

IF SO I WILL GET ON THIS MONDAY MORNING.
I think that would be the best....It's known through out our family:grouphug Those that don't know it....we don't care, as long as we recognize each other:letsdrink

I'll take 1 fer sure! Depending on the price I may buy a few.....It'd be cool if there could be a way to fly them from your vehicle antenna......!:letsdrink

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
Jason (9/26/2009)
Pinksnappercatcher (9/25/2009)I will do it.

Does everyone agree on the regullar PFF banner at the top of the page for the flag?

IF SO I WILL GET ON THIS MONDAY MORNING.
I think that would be the best....It's known through out our family:grouphug Those that don't know it....we don't care, as long as we recognize each other:letsdrink

I'll take 1 fer sure! Depending on the price I may buy a few.....It'd be cool if there could be a way to fly them from your vehicle antenna......!:letsdrink
Ill get them made to fly from a boat, and i will check into getting somthingsmall for the vehicle.

As far as boats go, How do we want them? Just like a regular flag with the two ring holes on the same side sound good. Then you can zip tie them to vhf antenna or what ever else you have in mind.

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
THis is the reason this doesnt get rolling,

SOMEONE says they are going to take care of it and then someone else says they know someone or they can do this or that. I just dont want to waste my time or money.

I AM NOT GOING TO WASTE MY MONEY GETTING A BUNCH OF PFF FLAGS MADE.

Decide if you want me to go local and get the flags made. Ill get this rolling monday morning like i said before.

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
My last post might of came off wrong. I was pretty much just saying this.

If we are going to get these flags going, Someone needs to say they are going to do it and they need to do it. I dont care who does it. WE have been talking about this for a year. I said i would do it just to get the show on the road. I will go down to a print shop monday and get them the pff logo and get them started, We should have some before this weekend for the get together. I am not going to go pay for this if other people are going to talk about doing it and be stuck with the bill for a bunch of pff flags. Just let me know whats up so i dont waste my valuable time and money on monday. Thanks.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I want one for sure and maybe 2- Pinksnappercatcher.

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Pinksnapper:

What are the chances of getting a local printshop to make them AS NEEDED. Let them be in charge of batching the flags and taking orders/money. Just set up the flag with them and let them deal with retail stuff.

How about it? That way your money is not tied up, and you don't have to deal with the orders.

Otherwise (if that is not possible) we could set up on ebay and post them for sale. That way people could pay with cc or paypal, and shipping would be easier. Local pickup could also be arranged.

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
Gone Fishin' Too (9/26/2009)I want one for sure and maybe 2- Pinksnappercatcher.
10-4.

I will go ahead and go monday like i said before and give them the pff logo, size and anything else they need to get them going. I hope to have a good bit of them maybe by wed night meet up.

Once i get this going good i will make a new post for everyone that wants how ever many they want.

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
angus_cow_doctor (9/26/2009)Pinksnapper:

What are the chances of getting a local printshop to make them AS NEEDED. Let them be in charge of batching the flags and taking orders/money. Just set up the flag with them and let them deal with retail stuff.

How about it? That way your money is not tied up, and you don't have to deal with the orders.

Otherwise (if that is not possible) we could set up on ebay and post them for sale. That way people could pay with cc or paypal, and shipping would be easier. Local pickup could also be arranged.

Ill take care of it. I am going to get a local print shop to make them and ill just get so many made at one time. They will keep the print on file so i can just go back and order more. Seems like setting up ebay and crap would be alot of trouble for a $15 to $20 flag. Ill just bring them to a wed.night meet or people can come by and pick them up.

Dont that sound a lot easier?

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
It is easier in some ways, more difficult in others.

I am local so pickup is no problem for me. However, alot of people on the forum are not local so they can't just swing by.

Also, payment can be an issue. Cash is king of course. If you take checks, you run the risk of getting a bad check. In that case you will have to track down the people and try to straighten it out, which can be a real hassle. Either that or turn them over to the DA worthless check division.

CC payment is impossible as well if it is personal pickup. Through ebay, payment is simpler. Most people that are able to be on this forum are computer savvy enough to use ebay.

So, there are upsides/downsides both ways.

The only other concern that I have is that the PFF logo and/or name may be copyrighted. In which case Chris Coturewould have to provide a release statement giving you permission to use it. I don't know. Just a thought. I don't want Chris to get mad over this.

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
The reason I sent that link is because unless you know somebody local you'll probably wind up paying more in the long run. Set up cost, # of diff colors are big cost factors. The company on that link doesn't charge extra for those and gives a discount for #'s. Thought I was helping you out.

Skip

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
If you are not used to using ebay, I could help you. Either by running it through my account or by helping you set up one. Paypal is easy to use. You can transfer money from your paypal account directly to your checking/savings account. All done electronically as debit transactions. Makes it easy on your end. Also gives you a mediator in case things go wrong.

141 - 160 of 247 Posts