Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, i saw a post the other day with Murph going bowling, I was wondering with the pffers getting togeter to meet and greet, how bout making it a bowling league. Our General Manager's wife works at Cordova Lanes. and I can probably get it set up and keep it maintained. Probably need at least 6 teams with 4 members on each team... depending on the input here and through pm's and phone calls ill know if i need to pursue this... just think it would be fun... thanks for your time...

:usaflag

·
Banned
744 Posts
I would have some interest in a PFF bowling league. I recently started bowling again, after a 20 year layout. I usually go to Deluna Lanes.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I would imagine that winter leagues are about half over. Might have to wait till this summer before new leagues are formed. Still won't hurt to get everyone up on this though.

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
actually if we get enough people we can start a league any time we want.... I figure Sunday night around 6 or 7. we are going to need about 24 people to start... again it depends on the input i get to how much effort i put into this...

·
Registered
829 Posts
if it was done on a weekend...i could do it. I have the police academy M-F from 5-10...but im off weekends. like someone else has said, i suck at bowling, but im good at drinking beer.:usaflag

·
Praedator
10,003 Posts
On Sunday evenings, I just might have to join in on this if we could do it then. I could add my great bowling score of 100to the game. But like others I can drink and usually get better with more alcohol. It's weird. When it comes to pool and bowling, I get better as I drink.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Sounds great!! If it's on Sunday night around 7:00. you can count me in for at least three people!!

Keep me informed via e-mail or pm!!!

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Hey beer is just aiming fluid......I'd do it if it's on a weekend........I suck a$$ but I'm in.......

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok heres what we got......

Sundays, at 6:00 pm or 7:00 pm. we can run 3 or 4 person teams, needs to be one or the other. we can run the league as long as we want. i suggest at least 16 weeks.

the league dues would be 10.00 per night per person. With 8.50 going to the alley and 1.50 going to the prize fund. we can get together and decide what the prize package will be.

maybe some other businesses can throw in a## week roll off prize, or a high game prize or just something to keep the league interesting...

we can go abc sanctioned for 14.00 per person. and be eligable for the prizes and patches that usbc offers to members. or we can go unsanctioned and just have fun....

Im gonna need someone else who is interested to help mewith all the details. maybe form a league board of directors.

maybe on each 5th week we can have a beer bowl... low score on each game gets to buy the high score on each game a round... or every week.

this is just an attempt to get my pff family together and have some fun.

:usaflag

Attachments

·
Registered
829 Posts
10 bucks a person doesnt sound bad at all. maybe you can make a list on your first post of everyone who says they are in...just so we can get an idea of the numbers.

Jeff

·
Registered
506 Posts
Looks like there is already 10-15 folks here that might be interested...Let the beer flow...uh uh I mean the bowling ball go, let the ball go...:letsdrink

·
Banned
910 Posts
Yea let's just keep it unsanctioned and simple.

Shoot some pins, shoot some beers and shoot the shit.

Sounds good count me in.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I am interested and might could bring in one more. Would it be every Sunday? What happens if say the gulf is smooth and I am too SICK to make it one night?

1 - 20 of 60 Posts