Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
EASY QUESTION, I HAVE A 17 FT BOAT, AND THIS FALLS IN THE CLASS II CATEGORY. THE CLASS II SAYS I NEED ONE PDF, TYPE IV CUSHION OR RING..... I AM BEING TOLD BY WEEKEND BOATERS THAT IT NEEDS A ROPE TIED TO IT OR I WILL GET A WARNING?????

THE BOAT IS REGISTERED IN ALABAMA.

ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED

·
Jim T's sworn enemy!
2,258 Posts
Never heard of any kind of rope clause. The idea of a throwable was to toss it to the victim in the water for flotation till ya can get the boat into position for recovery. Anything outside the 30ft. range for a toss ain't gonna be accurate anyways. If theres a fin in the water said victim will walk on water to get to the boat not the throwable!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bonita dan, that sounds right, the guysI heard this fromwere from north of mobile, around Tensaw, and they all say the game warden up there says, "if you throw the pfd IV, you must have a way to pull them back to the boat"

thanks for your help

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
RODMIESTER (18/06/2010)bonita dan, that sounds right, the guysI heard this fromwere from north of mobile, around Tensaw, and they all say the game warden up there says, "if you throw the pfd IV, you must have a way to pull them back to the boat"

thanks for your help
With the size of the gators in the upper Tensaw you might as well include a hook in addtion to the rope.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts