Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Do you need a permit or special permission to paint an American Flag on the 17th Ave bridge ??
No. Technically it is illegal (defacing private/ public property etc) but it's just not enforced because it really ain't hurtin nuttin and it's become a local cultural thing. Depending on what you are planning to paint over however, legality might be the least of your worries right now...just say'n. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
That vandalized bridge is an eyesore....makes Pensacola look like it's populated (and managed) by low-brow morons.

There, I said it, and it's true....

Now the city managers are allowing the streets to be painted with more political crap. Place will be looking like San Francisco.

If you intend on doing any painting, get some concrete sealer and paint the whole damn thing one color. Of course, you'll be tarred a "vandal".

Good luck!

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Its graffitti bridge....was illegal,but now totally legal....I want to paint it real bad with Everyone's lives Matter.....Lets get a group of guys together and white wash the whole place with an airless sprayer and 5 gallons of paint....BLM have made that place a shrine,but bullshit on that they dont own it......

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
That vandalized bridge is an eyesore....makes Pensacola look like it's populated (and managed) by low-brow morons.

There, I said it, and it's true....

Now the city managers are allowing the streets to be painted with more political crap. Place will be looking like San Francisco.

If you intend on doing any painting, get some concrete sealer and paint the whole damn thing one color. Of course, you'll be tarred a "vandal".

Good luck!
I think it's a great idea to allow the kids to do whatever they want in that ONE place. Literally generations of Pensacola residents feel the same way. In 30 years of living here, you are the only person I have ever heard of who thinks the graffiti bridge is an eyesore.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
I think it's a great idea to allow the kids to do whatever they want in that ONE place. Literally generations of Pensacola residents feel the same way. In 30 years of living here, you are the only person I have ever heard of who thinks the graffiti bridge is an eyesore.
Yeah - let them do,"...whatever they want in ONE place." Sounds like something that Seattle Mayor said...

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Oh, Jesus. The bridge is not about politics. What is there today, is typically gone tomorrow. You are trying to make it about the protest because the bridge happened to be where they set up shop in Pensacola. Anyone can paint on the bridge at any time. Here is a link to the guy who painted the recent GF memorial that was just painted over. He knows, like everyone that has any history in Pensacola, that the art on the bridge is transient at best and he ain't mad.

·
Registered
23 Posts
It's completely absurd how the BLM folks are getting bent out of shape about people painting over their stuff on the bridge. It's the graffiti bridge, it's not a permanent art installation -- get over it. Would love to see the Dixie flag painted over, or the American flag (which is basically seen with the same disdain by liberals).

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Easy bud....don't be so easily stirred

My comment was not about politics...I was talking aesthetics - it's fugly no matter what is painted there. And there has been some awful stuff and language displayed, like in the 3rd world.

If you like it - go ahead and enjoy. I don't have to agree with you nor do you have to agree with me.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
How much do you want to bet it'd be investigated as a "hate crime" if it were painted over at this point? With the way our mayor has completely rolled over, I wouldn't be surprised.
It's already happened, like two days ago.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts