Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Squid technician
10,484 Posts
I think its a good idea. If I get the time here soon I'm gonna come over ya'lls way and trespass on your turf.

As far as KW goes for me, all the time I've had to fish over here lately has been on bad days for weather and the inshore bite right now is just not that impressive. The salinity is super low and our inshore water temps are probably even cooler than it is over in Destin. We unfortuantely have this big, muddy, shitbowl called Mobile Bay that spills its garbage right into the gulf next to us. The water is nice and clean until we get high winds or rain and then out pours the silt and........you get the drift.

I'm just not going to go out and work my butt off to catch sheepshead and drum for a few points, its just not worth it to me and although I'm generally a very competitive person I'm just not going to get that into it until "my species" arrive. All my close in snapper holes are at least a couple miles from the beach and the way the gulf has been it just hasn't worked out.

Don't worry, I'll get a few points up there before its all said and done. But between my time divided up in the yak and on a boat, I'm not gonna be the main one to worry about. I'll leave that between you and Brandon!

·
Registered
418 Posts
Looks like a Permit to me

Here is a pic of a permit some kids caught off Norriego Point last November, so know they are here

21 - 22 of 22 Posts