Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone been over to the perdido wma Al. property to do any scouting? Went over there sun for a little while driving around between the showers. Didn't see a whole lot of signs of deer moving. Don't know if it is because it is still pretty warm or rain has washed all signs away.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Your right about the rabbit hunters over there. It's been a couple years since iv'e hunted there and that was one thing I noticed. Kinda sucks that rabbit season runs the full season of deer season.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tony
Is there any specific areas where yall rabbit hunt or do you try everywhere. I noticed alot of rabbit guys up around the Windmill Field area last time I was out there.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
thats where we hunt mostly. good roads, easy to cut off and VERY little deer.loggerhead, staplefork rd and right in front of the game warden shack. all them deer tracks in the road are made after dark and before daylight. i'm up there by 4am most mornings and thats when i see deer going back to the river. thats where to deer hunt. thats where we deer hunt. if you go to a gun hunt there you will see all kinds of people set up right on the roads sitting on buckets. they never see anything. they see them deer tracks and think they have it figured out but the only deer they see are being checked in.................tony

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ya I hunted a place down at the end of duck place and had some good pictures of some nice deer but could never get them to come out during daylight. I even tried going in earlier each morning but would always hear them taking off on my way in. Your right, them deer around there know when they here trucks to take off for the deep stuff. Good luck and maybe we will run into each other out there one day. I drive a grey chevy full size.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
i'll be there saturday morning cooking breakfast on loggerhead by the field at 4am saturday and sunday. i'll be in a silver f150 with a rabbit run kennel sticker in the window...tony

1 - 9 of 9 Posts